Changes To How Authors Receive Earnings Payouts From Envato

Today we’re announcing an update to how authors receive payments from Envato Market. Beginning February 28, 2018, we will require you to choose only one payout destination that must be owned by you.

If you have multiple Envato accounts, this limit will apply to all of your accounts. For example, if you have an exclusive and non-exclusive account, you will need to select a single payout destination for both accounts. These can be different (PayPal for one and Payoneer for the other but they must both be owned by you).

Starting from the April 2018 payout (scheduled to take place on Monday April 16, 2018 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)), we will also be making monthly automated payments of all earnings balances higher than $500 for Swift, $50 for PayPal and $50 for Payoneer.

Why are we making these changes?

We previously announced the restriction to one payout destination as part of the launch of the US-based company for Envato Market. We delayed the full rollout to support authors through the transition, and now, almost two years later, we’re making the change to this new system complete.

This change will help bring our payout system in line with our terms and make sure that we are only making payments to payout destinations owned by the Envato account owner (the person or entity that created the account, agreed to the terms and conditions and completed the tax information).

We’re also wanting to make sure authors get paid regularly without having to manually request a payout each month. This is consistent with our other products like Studio and Elements.

When will these changes take effect?

In order to make sure you have the time required to understand the impact to your systems and processes, and make the necessary changes, we’ll be implementing these changes along the following timeline:

• February 28, 2018: At 12:00:00 Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on Wednesday February 28, 2018, we will remove the option to add multiple payout destinations (after this change is implemented, authors will only be able to enter one set of payment details).

• March 15, 2018: On Thursday March 15, 2018 AEDT, we will payout all withdrawals requested before 23:59:59 AEDT on February 28, 2018 as per the traditional system.

• March 1-30, 2018: Between 00:00:01 AEDT on Thursday March 1, 2018 and 23:59:59 AEDT on Saturday, March 31, 2018, authors should update their payment details with the payout destination they would like to use for automated monthly payouts.

• April 16, 2018: On Monday April 16, 2018 AEST, the first automated monthly payouts will be made to authors with earning balances higher than $500 for Swift, $50 for PayPal and $50 for Payoneer to their nominated payout destination.

What you need to do

Envato Market has a system in place for setting up automated monthly withdrawal requests. If you have already set up an automated monthly withdrawal and your earnings balance at Sunday April 1, 2018 AEST is higher than $500 for Swift, $50 for PayPal and $50 for Payoneer, we will pay out your entire balance to your automated monthly withdrawal payout destination on April 16, 2018 AEST.

If you do not have an automated monthly withdrawal set up and you expect your earnings balance at Sunday April 1, 2018 AEST to be higher than the above mentioned amounts, you will need to choose and set up a payout destination between 00:00:01 AEDT on Thursday March 1, 2018 and 23:59:59 AEDT on Saturday, March 31, 2018. Once this is set up, we will pay out your entire balance to your new payout destination on Monday April 16, 2018 AEST.

For instructions on how to set up an automated monthly withdrawal to your preferred payout destination, please review this help center article. Remember, all payout destinations must be owned by you (the Envato account owner). Also, all earnings balances higher than $500 for Swift, $50 for PayPal and $50 for Payoneer will be automatically paid out, so please carefully check that all of your payout destination details are correct.

Your questions and comments are welcome. We’ll be monitoring this thread for the next seven days responding to any questions not already answered. Please remember our community guidelines when you post.

52 Likes

Hi , I’ve one or two questions ,

• What if my earnings are higher than $500 and I wants to withdraw via Payoneer ?
  • What if I don’t want to withdraw my earnings monthly ?

Thanks for announcement and Good Luck :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hi,

Dislike it. Very bad. Especially automated payments. Well it is OK to prove wallet account ownership, but everything else … - no comments. Why have you done this? And what will be with the deposits? If I got your idea right - you do not want to let authors to accumulate their funds - this will help you to earn more on the commission.

Best regards,
Ivan.

26 Likes

Hi,

We would like to clarify, in case If account is owned by multiple authors(partners), are we allowed to change the payout destination by end of month ? This would at least allow partners to split their shares somehow.

Thanks.

14 Likes

Thanks for the new changes! Now we have a minimum payout of 20 $ for payoneer? I understand correctly? Always was $ 50.

3 Likes

@jamesgiroux what about the Partnerships? Many authors getting partnership earnings from multiple withdrawals. If they sent separately, there would be an extra fees which is an extra burden to authors.

From the last two years, I don’t see any anouncement which benefit Authors. Why envato turning against authors in all terms?

*facepalm*

58 Likes

I think most people don’t understand the point of the second part of the article.
It means you have an optional settings to set your earnings withdrawal to automated so that after each month, your withdrawal is processed for all your earnings entirely (Similar to Google AdSense). But if you don’t want it to be automated, you can ignore it and withdrawal as you do manually before.
A good development I think.

3 Likes

Cant See Anything about the manual/Single Payments - Maybe They Will Remove Single/Manual Payments Method.

They said it like Elements - In Elements There is no Manual/Single Withdrawals. Monthly Automated Only.

Can We Use One Payoneer For Two Accounts Withdrawals ?

2 Likes

For last three years, we only get bad decisions for authors. Now if an account was owned by two there was an easy way to split the earning, now the only good thing on Envato market was also removed.

What is the difference if you have multiple withdrawals? There is no difference for tax reason, since the owner is only one person, so why this is removed? I guess I won’t get any objective answer, but I can try :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

33 Likes

Honestly It’s very easy to just write post in the forum with such an announcement, it’s like hey people we made decision and that’s it, we do not care about anything else, this is very hard to accept and hear this decision for real people in real life, how do you feel about knowing that this will financially affect people lives, families and what else not? Of course, you probably do not thought nor care about that, that’s how empires fall, when they lose touch with their own people.

45 Likes

This is step down for many authors for sure! I do not like this! What if we have card issues with paypal and we need some time to sort things out,usualy paypal’s support isn’t that fast in response and you need some more time to update/clarify/resolve some issues with them.Last year I had some issues with them i couldn’t use my account for 3-4 months in that time i didn’t made any withdrawals. In 3 years you have zero good news for us,that’s for sure !

13 Likes

Automated withdrawals are available for long time now, it’s not about that…

Another example of “You Do Creative, We’ll Do the Rest”

10 Likes

This is a very important point also for me.
To have a monthly swift means I’m gonna lose at least 250$ per year, due to bank fees.

38 Likes

Eeexactly… -.-

Hi @jamesgiroux,
Thank you for information.
We have one question: Would it be possible to make a withdraw not every month, but let’s say every 2 moths?
Besides 25$ Envato fee each month we have to pay about 35$ extra each month to our bank for the transaction, which we think is a lot on a year basis :slight_smile:
Thanks!

8 Likes

It’s the worst news in this year.
You will kill all partnerships

20 Likes

Oh great today I wake up and while checking Envato to see if I’ve made some money overnight, I see that I’ll be losing 300$ on transfer fees instead.

You guys seems to do all this kind of stuff on purpose! Do you wake up in the morning and start wondering “right, how can we make the marketplace worse?”…I mean…how does it feel to read all these negative comments every single time you make a change? There hasn’t been a single change in the last years where the community response was like “Oh yes that’s a great improvement thank you so much Envato!”

This sense of helplessness for us authors is getting way too frustrating…

45 Likes

automated monthly withdrawal for Swift will cost $25X12=$300 yearly Envato Transaction fees + also Bank internal fees can take $0 - $25 each time. So Yearly Total loss for transaction can be upto $600. Which is really a great loss. So I think automated withdrawal can be upto 3 times a Year.

11 Likes