Is Audiojungle taking in new authors again?

Hi @BenLeong, @KingDog and anyone informed!

As far as I knew Audiojungle is not taking in new authors yet, but I happened to find an account created in August 2023 (the intake was paused in 2021, if I’m not mistaken) and that author, with less than 40 tracks and only 2 sales total is already in Elements.

Is Envato making exceptions we are not aware of?

It would be great if there’s any tips on how to get selected for those of us who were left out.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Elements has started inviting some select authors.

Got it! Thanks for the update.

They don’t seem, at least the ones I’ve came across, to even have been part of Envato pirorly, given the accounts creation date, so it’s kind of another slap in the face for the authors who have been around helping grow this platform for almost a decade, but no prob, we’re super used to it.

4 Likes

What are Envato’s long-term plans for the markets ? Will authors who haven’t been “invited” to Elements be sent packing when AJ shuts down ? I’ve been trying to get an answer to this question from @BenLeong and he promised an update, but that was almost two months ago. Nothing since then. Not a word. What @WormwoodMusic has discovered is troubling to say the least and it’s no wonder that trust in Envato is at an all-time low these days. I think AJ authors deserve a more elaborate answer.

2 Likes

Hey @KingDog do you realize that these dismissive short answers that don’t really take the question into account are taken very badly by the community?

Why are you so keen on aggravating us? This is not what this community is about. Maybe it’s not a right fit for you…

7 Likes

Sorry it’s not my intention to be dismissive. I just lean towards short replies because I don’t think people have the time to read long ones anymore :sweat_smile:

No prob, KingDog!

Actually, with a move like this I think many of us will be very interested in a more developed reply. Just to confirm:

Is Envato taking in authors from outside the platform and inviting them to Elements, bypassing the current policies stated here?.

I think it would be at least fair to let the current community of Envato authors what type of music contents is Envato looking for in case interested authors could submit they’re compositions and stand a chance to join in if they want and fulfil the quality and commercial viability expectations.

Anyway, just a thought. I understand there’s a marketing team to evaluate what’s best for the company’s profit and growth.

5 Likes

I’ll check into it for you. I know that we’ve been slowly inviting more from Market into Elements but I hadn’t heard about non Market authors.

1 Like

Thx! I wouldn’t share profiles through the forum but I can send you the accounts by PM. Anyway, it’s as easy as sorting the Element’s music tracks by newest and some of the recently added users have these young accounts (way after 2021).

Anyway, it’s not big deal and I don’t want to make noise out of this at all. Just pointing out something that breaches Envato’s own policies (it’s your game though, you set the rules) and not prioritizing the authors who put literally decades of work into making this company successful. Nothing new, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome. A DM through the forum works for me.

1 Like

Such harsh to read that, while we all spend hours on our tracks to have this luck to be invited.

8 Likes

Your first move should be to invite @WormwoodMusic to elements, he’s been growing your company for years and has helped countless others on this forum.

Of course, your next step after that is to let me in :stuck_out_tongue: Some of us joined in 2021 but have not posted any new material in a while because of the attitude towards the market and the fact that sales are next to nothing.

5 Likes

Hahahahaha! I definitely agree, though I think they are not exactly happy with my rants against Elements over the last years. But hey, people change, if you invite me I promise to be a good boy like the others who also kicked and screamed and now are soft as a feather, and I commit to upload 2-3 new tracks a month.

Of course, there’s always an extra seat for @EnchantedForestMusic, so first thing I’ll do as a member is send a recommendation! Hahahahah! :rofl:

5 Likes

No one would fault for joining Elements at this point :grin: Can’t beat em, join em. No one wanted the market to end up as a free for all buffet, but that’s what happened.

4 Likes

Exactly, now please, elder gods of the Subscription realm, let me put my cheese sticks among your marvelous catalog…

Sin título

5 Likes

Mmm cheese sticks with sugar on top :yum:

2 Likes

I can make tons of cheese sticks with sugar on top while I am elements author as well. I can compose and cook at the same time. Is there anything I can do to make everyone happy in the Envato team ? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @KingDog ! I was wondering if there are any new updates on what @WormwoodMusic reported ? Thanks!

So far, I have no idea. What I can tell you, and it’s public, is that Elements took in a sh#itload of new authors in the last couple of weeks (not that I’m questioning that at all, the more the merrier), and that the recently created account mentioned above, which breached the decission to accpet new authors since 2021, kept uploading tracks, still has almost no sales and, of course, is adding them to Elements.

Again, if this is an exception, I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. But keeping it under the table is what I find quite unfriendly, yet not surprising.

2 Likes

My conclusion is that they are looking at what music is needed in Elements and attract new authors to fill the gaps. Either from here (AJ) or from outside.
That’s the only and main incentive, nothing else.
Personally I feel it’s very unfortunate of course for everyone that has been building the AJ platform and wanting to get a shot but at the end of the day it’s a business and there’s not so much to do about that I guess.
The other thing I’m thinking is that there is always the risk that Elements gets cluttered, the same as what has happened to the market place.

3 Likes