What is happening with AJ? 70.000 Sound FX approves in a day!

We understand your concerns around bulk uploads of items, but we also wanted to share with you our data to hopefully help make things a little clearer.

The larger portfolios that we’re working with bring quite a lot of breadth, depth and diversity to the library, but we find that these mainly cater to long-tail searches by customers (i.e. searching for less mainstream, niche sound effects). Our data shows that they don’t appear to be drowning out the smaller authors, or the rest of the library.

For example, there are still many SFX authors with smaller portfolios earning the same, or more, than the larger ones on the marketplace. Also, the top performing individual items are mainly from smaller independent authors. You can check this out simply by visiting the popular items page, which is updated weekly.

It’s also worth noting that, in regards to review queues, the larger portfolios don’t affect this as they go through a separate, pre-screened review pathway.

If you’re in need of some inspiration, a great area for smaller authors to invest in is creating useful and thematic sets/packs of sounds.

We will be posting an announcement on large SFX portfolios shortly, so keep an eye on the AudioJungle forum.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer! I think it will be useful to most authors. =)))

How is that possible though? With the marketplace sales going south, as admitted by @collis, how can this hugely massive influx of new items not impact the sales of other authors? What kind of math is that? Magic math?

3 Likes

So basically its “Elements targets a different kind of customer 2.0” ?

3 Likes

I really hope for justice and everything will be corrected by conscience, and not by sympathy for some authors!

What are you guys ???
What SFX sounds create competition for everyone?
One second composition for 1 dollar should wait 20 days in line ???
I do not have a single SFX track in my portfolio.
Yes, let at least a million of them per day take place on the site.
Do you still think that the cover affects sales ???
Most of my clients are looking for music by CATEGORY. Not by the tracks set in time, but by the category of music / packs, etc.
What is the argument about? Have you been moved in line? Well, if your track is original, do not worry - they will buy it anyway. No matter how long it stood on the main page. This is not my opinion - the opinion of customers!
And to keep a 1-2 second track in the general queue is nonsense!
Even if there are 70 thousand of them in one day…

1 Like