Trusted Updates for CodeCanyon

Back in 2016, we introduced changes to help improve the author experience while reducing wait times for item updates.The automatic approval of item updates was made available to trusted authors on ThemeForest.

Today, we are announcing that we are making the same system available for trusted CodeCanyon authors. Approved authors will be able to update their existing items without the need for review.

This feature is made available to authors based on several factors we take into consideration, one of which is the author’s approval ratio. While we do continue to review all new items being submitted, we hope this can reduce the wait times for updates on existing items.

Remember that with this new feature comes a strong degree of responsibility for you - the author, to maintain your existing items. We believe that the vast majority of authors will acknowledge and understand their responsibility and will act appropriately.

If an author is found to have abused or manipulated the system, the auto-approval benefit will be revoked to maintain the integrity and quality expectations customers have of items available in CodeCanyon’s library.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. We’ll be monitoring this thread for the next seven days and responding to any questions not already answered.

Thanks!

17 Likes

Congratulations! CodeCanyon :grinning::tada::confetti_ball::champagne:

giphy

3 Likes

WOW thats great :slight_smile:
How do authors know if they are able to publish an update with out review ?

I just checked the edit page and i can see a button change from submit for review to save changes is that it ?

What it take to be trusted as i have 3 year selling here and still a rating of almost 5 star on all of my 10 item with almost 3000 sales i wonder what it take to be trusted :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations! Just took advantage of this feature and was really excited to see this improvement. Our customers won’t have to wait anymore for a release!

Also, if we made a mistake we can quickly fix it.

The reviewer team will be freed of this as well!

Good things, good things! Win win for everyone!

Thank you!

2 Likes

This is a really good news from envato market. Now, I no need to worry about waiting time for item approval and specially for item updates.

Amazing decision from envato community. We’re really eager to see in

Good news, really. I’m sure that Codecanyon authors are sufficiently responsible to take care by themselves of their releases. Amazing.

Thank you, awesome!
More 10 similar measures for the authors! Please. :slight_smile:

This is great news. I don’t know if my experience is related to these changes, but I never waited more than 2 hours for my updated items to be approved for last few months (while I saw many complains on Envato forums where other authors were upset because they have to wait days for updates to be approved).

1 Like

Thank you. This is a good decision. Now our clients don’t have to wait long for any Bugfix or Requested update.

Now the question is, how do I know that I am eligible for this feature?

Fantastic improvement, I love it. Big thumbs up.

This is awesome! Thanks!

Finally a useful change to the Marketplace. I’ve been waiting for this feature for such a long time. Thank you.

1 Like

Let me guess, since I dont see this, I dont have it?

Ah, actually, if you see a “Save” button when submitting an update rather than a “Submit Files for Review” button, you’re eligible for trusted updates.

Yes it is!

This is a great news! One of my bigger problems was to wait 3 days for a plugin update.

Finally got this feature in CodeCanyon. Really Awesome! Thanks!

Finally!!

Awesome,