My item update is not considered

Why are my update requests not being accepted for a long time?
The erquests are visible into history but was not considered

your update is under queue for review or update was rejected!

where i can see the queue?

in your Dashboard in right sidebar just above the This week’s stats.

there is non queue info

Hi

If you can’t see your Item in your envato dashboard right sidebar then your Item has reviewed and you must should receive email of the review result (if you didn’t changed the email notification settings). If hard rejected then you will get only email to let you know hard rejected. If soft rejected you will get email with the issues list exist in your item and tips to fix those and you will see your item in Hidden Items Tab. sometimes email can go in spam, so need to check inbox, spam, junk as well.

Thanks

i have no email into spam too.
there are no reason to not accept my script update, i did this in the past many times and have never had a problem.

the script is on condecanyon for a log time and have never had problems

Please Contact Author Support and let them know. Support Team will be happy to assist you. Thanks

The updates do not have the dashboard queue AFAIK. When did you submitted the update? It can certainly take few days I guess. Check out the History tab when you are on the item page.

this is the item history and i can’t update it from genuary 2020 and i have to support customers with email. it’s not acceptable.

I have already contacted support but they don’t answer me

from your screenshot I can see you have last 4 ‘Automatic update’ but those are not got approved. what is ‘Automatic update’? is it mean your update already got approved automatically! Please download your item and check if already approved and updated.

otherwise may be something wrong, please wait for the support reply. currently support team experiencing a high volume of enquiries and response time could be up to 10 days

the item was not updated.
ok I wait for the answer from the support.
thank you