Track rejected, we're super confused ?!?

Hey! Dont give up! Make drums more symphonic(and less electronic, but don’t forget electronics too) on Epic. Add some supporting (or additional) melodies. Mix sax more deep on Erotic, add some arpeggio backgrounds. As for me both mixes has too much mids. Take some control through Spectral Analysator and Mix Checker. Good luck!!!

About Epic, the strings staccato part is really fast and always the same loudness. It don’t sound natural and expressive enough that way. Watch/listen to some live orchestra and when you are programming your samples try to imagine real musician playing it. Try to work more on the transitions too.

On the mix side, everything is fighting in the mid range, it sounds muddy and harsh. This is the main problem to me. Decide which part of the spectrum you want each group of instruments to peak in more a bit than the other. Personnally, for staccato hi strings like that, I keep just what it needs of low end (very little) and make them crisp and bright to really give them the definition and energy they try to communicate. I keep the place in the low mid for instruments that need to sound deep as french horns when they are playing a melody. It’s not only the instrument but the context too that have to determine how you place your sounds in the spectrum. Try not to overdo it or it will be as worse but in a different way. It needs to sound yet natural but cleaner. If you have really harsh harmonics peaks in an instrument try to attenuate them with very narrow notch (find them precisely with your ears or/and a spectrum analyzer (SPAN Plus is free). It’s a long job but it’s worth it at the end.

The most important thing: be analityc, rigourous and never stop to try to push your skills on a new scale. You don’t have to make similar tracks to the best sellers, just fix the technical problems in your track. It worth it for all your next projects. I hope it helps. :slight_smile: By the way, the composition and most of the arrangement are great!

I love the vibe of Erotic, try not to put the vinyl noise on the main version and the mix could be cleaner too a bit (already pretty clean).

Thank you @AnthonySigouin, @pilotaudio, @frozenjazz for your cool comments. I really do appreciate your advices on our music . There’s nothing to do but keep writing and mixing better and better ! Wish you all good luck with your sales !! Cheers guys !!

2 Likes

Hard rejecting, firstly, is a perfect way to increase Your psychological strength and toughness. Never try to ask why they do it. Keep it to yourself. Market is totally overloaded by all kinds of stuff, hundreds of good tracks daily. And reviewers are simply people, not great authorities like Hans Zimmer or … idonknow… Anthony Gonsalez)). They never wish you bad, just try to make your music better and better!

1 Like

Absolutely disagree. Wherever you go for success and money, you should get ready to fight. And nevermind, you’re a great performer, award-winning composer or a schoolboy making his music on weekends in basement or daddy’s garage. Get ready to fight. Full time.

1 Like