Post your rejected tracks here for feedback

Hello fellow producers and composers!

I think it will be very helpful to create a thread in which everybody can post their rejected tracks. As far as I could find, no such thread exists yet.

This topic will be helpful to us producers, AudioJungle, and her customers in a number of ways:

1. We can see patterns emerge. For instance: certain styles might get rejected more than others. In this way we are beter able to serve the demand of AudioJungle customers.
  2. We can give each other feedback on tracks so we can improve on our work. This will also be great because AudioJungle doesn’t have a comprehensive feedback system. Your track is either good, needs a small version edit, or gets rejected, as far as I’ve experienced so far…
  3. We can start to speculate on why certain tracks get accepted and others don’t (beyond just the reason that the production quality and commercial value just aren’t high enough)

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A REJECTED TRACK:

1. Post a link to YouTube or Soundcloud of your rejected track
  2. Try as good as possible to add the different versions that were in the zip file
  3. Add genre and bpm
  4. Give feedback to at least one track before you post your own rejected track
  5. You don’t have to upload a rejected track in order to comment on other rejected tracks

Let’s learn from each other!

To kick off, this track got rejected. I had really good hopes that it would be accepted. Seemed to me like a good song for tutorials, background music, fashion et cetera:
Versions in Zip file (5): main track, shorter tracks, loopable version
Style: ambient
BPM: 92

Let me know what you think!

Reason of rejection is not evident for me. I only can suppose: it is not enough stylish.

1. Chords progression is rather jazzy and romantic in B part, but static in A-part. B-part chords are not expected by listener and make this track too much expressive for commercial music.
  2. Japanese-like instrument is not “from this style”.
  3. Sidechain-like technique with pumping pad is too expressive for reviewers.

It’s only suggestions) I can’t see any evident reasons.

Thank you Konstantin, those are good points!

I feel the same way. I don’t understand why the title was rejected. Personally, I like it very much. It also fits very well with the themes for which the play is intended.

1 Like

It’s a really good track. It feels like 70’s (and 80s) Japanese Funk tracks. I really enjoyed it
But for AJ and stock music standards it’s too complicated and too crowded. There is too much happening in the track. And the "out-of-tune"ish notes don’t help either. They are awesome from an artistic point of view but I’m not sure if it works for stock music.

I would try to do a simple and plain version of this track and try again.

Thanks MagicMood! I totally get it, and agree. There’s too much going on in this track to make it a good commercial track for background and stuff like that.

I will try to edit the track and make it more simple

Post your rejected tracks here for feedback! :smiley:

I think it’s a great track and can see it working great with many different types of video. I think it may be the B section which seems to take the track into a different mood which could be the reason for rejection. Though other libraries don’t seem to have a problem with this (and sometimes encourage it!) AJ doesn’t seem to feature many tracks that do this.
I would maybe write a B section which is more similar to the A, or even cut it entirely and just upload a 60 sec version of the track (this is what I’ve done in the past and it has then been accepted).

Also, nice use of “the lick”!

1 Like

Hi Daniel, great tips! Thanks. Yes “the lick” is hidden in the bass part. I couldn’t help my self playing it in this tune LOL :rofl:

I really like the track. I see it perfectly in a YouTube vlog or a commercial video. I suppose this track is too “rich” for an audio jungle))

Here is one of my rejected track. I will be very grateful if you can help me understand why they did not accept it. Thank you.

cinematic

I have been rejected for over a year now. This track is very similar to the one that I sell the most (which I downloaded more than 3 years ago) Either the quality parameters have increased or something else?

thank you a lot)

Hello,
I’m new here & I’m not sure if this topic is still going but I thought I try anyway. I believe I know why this was rejected but I would love feedback on it. I think it’s because the high frequencies are cut a bit too much. I didn’t realize this until to late & I was excited to submit my 1st tune. One of my biggest problems is too much tweaking!! Anyway thank you!!

like facebook, like quora, like twitter, and reddit, likeDoorDash, like UberEats, and fivver, and upwork. These are websites that are made by a handful of workers, and they expect the progrtam to run and make them money without having to physically interact with anyone

hence little or no customer service, vague reactions, spammy no-reply emails from the algorithm that sent it. Bots are rejecting us. Or they are at best, never listening to ANY of the thousands of submissions, and clicking a “reject” in bulk, and “accept” in bulk.
people are deleted regardless of why, or if they have made money. the companies see this.
We hear the music they are claiming that got accepted. we hear that it is common. We can make that exact same common sound with ease, and still get rejected. we can make more original sounding stuff, and get rejected. Understand, this is a computer doing all the work. And to be honest, I feel that they are yanking mousic, and offering it for free in another area, where you are not in, based on region.

For example, we feed them free music. they reject it. they take it and use it, never paying you a dime.
But its used in another region. Since the internet is based on region thanks to google, we are seeing only what google and others are allowing us to see as a search result unless someone hands us a specified link, or we use a vpn or browse with a private browser.

this makes a set up where a company like this can yank your crap, and since they are telling you to give your rights away to them, you cant track it to know it.

there is ZERO wrong with your tracks. lets be honest here.

1. You don’t give any of your rights away here. You’re only offering to sell a license to clients to use your work within the limitations of that license.
  2. You can track your music via your PRO, Publisher(s) and or content ID services world wide.
  3. I’ve got written feedback on soft rejections from existing reviewers multiple times.

Oh thank god. I almost thought that I might have to improve and get better at making music but it’s really nice to know that I’m already perfect and no further work is needed.

1 Like

“get better” define that. better than whom? better than where u are now? in the mean time, someone else is thinking they need to be where u are at present…
and the next man whom u want to sound as good as, is thinking the same.

the reality is, the objective is, to sell. what is the quality of those the site is claiming is selling? because thats all that matters.

also, let us also keep in mind, u are also a consumer. we all are. we all hear commercials. some for pharmaceuticals, or healthcare, or for seniors services, or for a new app, or for donations to a service.
or even on soundcloud.

do u think to yourself, “HEY! THATS THE JAM!!!” When youre listening to a forced commercial before pressing skip on youtube?

the music is to assist the VOICE OVER to motivate.

is your music able to be used for that? if i ripped your music and placed it over a commercial thats already on the air, would it still work?

YES IT WOULD

there are musicians that constantly mix and mix and mix, plug in after plug in, spending thousands on equipment…and have yet to pull the trigger and actually put something for sale, and in the mean time, some guy with far less is selling already.

i dont like Prince. i think his music was formulaic and anyone in funk could make it. i never purchased a thing from him. does that matter? was prince trying to get better to please ME? no.

all that matters is the ones that BUY his music. the fan base. the target audience.

this is business. not a praise raise. make what u know is the quality the target audience needs…THE PEOPLE THAT BUY…audio jungle has placed themselves un the middle and is auto rejecting music that clearly could be used on commercial spots

THIS IS BECAUSE OTHER USERS ARE THE ONES REJECTING YOU. the company itself is not involved in the music. just the profit.

its like making hidden facebook groups with an audio jungle admin, who assigns a bunch of users as mods. those mods are accepting and rejecting people.
most are outside the usa.

one is on Facebook running an audiojungle group.

this is a set up. not business. to show you how nutso and Autobot this is, when I went to post this, and Autobot gave me a message saying I couldn’t use the word
druuugs. apparently they are afraid of people using the form to sell illegally?! has that ever happened?

regardless of how I used it. they are looking to see if a machine can fix it, instead of using humans. they aren’t even using humans to look at this board.

they want you to do the judging for you. they want us to do the judging for us. how can this be? how come this ever help? why not just have those who are actually doing the judging, saying what the problem is when they email you? how hard would that be, since they are claiming to have listened to the music…

one, everything that you put on the internet belongs to the people who you are giving it to. look at the terms of service. when you upload you are publishing to something else. that is the truth. it doesn’t matter how they have brainwashed us to think otherwise. the content is theirs. it is theirs to sell, there’s to give away, there’s to use.
they hide this by saying, a third party has access to this that and the other. they are paying that third party or the third party is paying them

if you upload the SoundCloud the same thing is happening. your content is on their server. even after you delete it.

second. if I go to a concert, the band doesn’t stop in the middle and say how did you like it? and then we get to vote on if we liked it or not. me telling you if I like your song or not is ridiculous. I’m not going to buy yourself! I am not the audience! so what difference does it make what I think? what matters is the target audience. any business works that way, until you start talking about music and people playing the middleman

how many Lady Gaga albums do you have? if the answer is 0, does she care? she’s going to make her money without you because you’re not the target audience

all that matters is whom the music is going to be used for. when they reject you, they are claiming that your music cannot be used for anybody anywhere at any time for anyone that is coming to them looking for music. does that seem reasonable?

we musicians are notorious for sitting in a studio and re-recording and re-recording. especially guitarists. a solo is never good enough. they re-record and re-record and re-record and re-record.

the audience has never heard any of the recordings. yet it’s not good enough? good enough to whom? the guy playing it? he’s not buying it!

most of us have deleted songs that were clearly good enough. and I’m going to say the word, good enough. good enough to sell. and that is the only reason you’re supposed to be making music. if this is some kind of a hobby for you, then why are you here?

just make a bunch of cds, glue them on your walls in your room, and just look at them. get some gold paint, and paint yourself a gold record.

this is about sales. audio jungle is claiming to have rejected you, as if you’re not good enough. and then they want those that are rejected to comment to one another? there is nothing wrong with most of the post that you are going to see on here.

the bad part is, here I am saying that you are most certainly not a bad person, and yet I’m being attacked for saying such! that is the victimized mentality that musicians have learned to have.

I am saying to you and all the other musicians in this group, your music is fine. stop asking other people if your music is good or bad. because when you ask someone else what’s wrong with you, they are most certainly going to tell you. yet they are not going to buy one product from you even if it sounded like Earth wind & fire lol

Then how did I make money via my PRO the last ten years if nothing belonged to me. You might need to get an understanding of music copyright.

Furthermore, Lady Gaga could upload her best selling track here and get rejected. Why? Because it’s not background music.
That’s what we do here. We make music for media which is a very particular craft. Through feedback we can help point in the right direction. It doesn’t have to do with qualities as a person etc.
If everything was just accepted here the market place would quickly lose value and clients would go elsewhere. It’s very simple.

2 Likes

i did not say “everything should be accepted”
Also, Lady gaga was an illustration, to make the point that YOU dont have to like her and yet she will sell regardless

(did I really have to explain that out to you?)
regarding making music for commercial spots etc, and it being watered down if everything was accepted…hello? do yu realize how many background options there are, just via Youtube alone, handing you content? thousands on thousands JUST from youtube. where are they getting that music?