ThemeForest review queue delays.

How about a separate team for this kind of stuff :smile: . Instead of growing the current team and all of you doing the same thing (no matter what it is, reviews or security issues) have 2 teams, the current one just for review and the guys that come along from now handle the security issues. Just a thought, by the way Iā€™m ok with any review time. Itā€™s all worth it! :smile: Thank you!

2 Likes

could not it be done like this ?

1 - bundled plugins should be uploaded seperately. user should download them seperately and install together with theme. next time plugin is updated, author will upload only plugins.

2 - When uploading theme, author should state which plugins are included and provide the necessary extended licenses. User who bought this theme, will directly download plugin and install it. Next time when plugin is updated, author will not need to update anything.

3 Likes

All bundled plugins in themes should be update-able.

Such issues cause a huge pressure on Review team, major delays for developers that donā€™t have this plugins bundled. And we donā€™t know when this will happen again. In a month or two? Or may be next weekā€¦

Bundling Plugins inside themes should be reworked.

YOU SHOULD review HTML theme in 3 days and WP theme in 7 days :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can imagine the work that had to be done related to the security issue so we will wait a bit more. Take care

1 Like

Agree with Cubell.

1 Like

Thanks god they back :blush:

A million times like.

Is there any drawback to have bundled plugins - yes there is!

I miss good old days when getting themes approved in 2-3 days. I guess this shows envato couldnā€™t make itā€™s review team grow at the same amount as the products submitted increases to sustain the same reviewing process quality. 14 day is way too much, i hope it gets back to at least 1 week max in a short time.

1 Like

Weā€™re good with the waiting, although itā€™s much longer than we build a WP theme, sometime it take 1 month to wait and get accepted (included fix stuffs).

But, with our expectation, please give more detail about the review for items, it will worth for our time, your time.

The way reviewers throw the reviews show that they donā€™t have enough time to review. Just give the general information doesnā€™t help us fix the stuffs faster, it just make us wait longer and longer. (Because the instruction doesnt clear, and we have to fix in blind status).

Also, it raise the problem between the tools reviewers using to review - test theme and how reviewer using it. Something look like theme-check, but much more complicated. But, these tools just suggest the fixes base on ā€œhuman logic - for who created itā€, but around the word we have a lot of coding technique where the tools reviewers used doesnā€™t have in the ā€œlibraryā€, and reviewer make us fix it, is it fair?.

In my opinion, why dont you public the tools, ways youā€™re using to check themes?, itā€™s much better and give the standard for all of authots, it will save time for us, for you to review things on that tools or something?

Thanks!

6 Likes

Hello There,

Totally agreed with the idea to make things to the public and to the authors which will surely gonna save enough time.

The review team are doing very good job so far, but they need to review the whole item at one time instead of sending the rejections in installments.

Thank You

Finally 14 Days TO Reject My Item :pig_nose:

Exactly! I support you on this. Every review I am asked to fix new things.

Absolutely, there more we understand about the review system then the better for everyone. Reviewers and authors.

what about Psd template, it is too will take the same delay??

This is why I donā€™t bundle physical plugins. I simply bundle an installer so when an issue comes up like this I simply update the plugin on my CDN. Boom. Simple.

Finally approved yesterday :muscle::muscle:

Why not hire more reviewers and share between categories. Eg: 10 reviewers for WordPress Themes and others CMS, 5 reviewers for HTML Templates and 3 or 4 for PSDā€¦itā€™s just an example

Hope itā€™s truly back to normal. Iā€™m expecting the queue like in the past. I remember that we used to wait for just about 3-4 days :wink:

1 Like