New Performing Rights Organization (P.R.O.) policy on AudioJungle is now LIVE

Can PRO Authors use their PRO Music for a project for a client without getting a license for the use of their OWN music?

Unbeknownst to me, I had an e-mail issue, and did not receive notification of PRO affiliationsā€¦ how can I get my account re-activated not that I have set that? I would expect that it would be automatic, once a PRO is chosen, but this is not the caseā€¦

Thanks

Ok, just in case anyone else had the same issue, you need to re submit your song after setting your PRO affiliationā€¦ And I must say, the review process is quite speedy.

@Synchrotron @SteelSound

Great tool for Chrome by Eric. It lets you update every field automatically. :slight_smile:
It also copies all links in your portfolio for you, so itā€™s a matter of 2 clicks.

7 Likes

Ah cool. Didnā€™t know about that one. Thanks!

So Awesome! Save a ton of time. Thanks Luca!

Whoa-ho-ho! Wish I knew about that one before I spent a loooong time doing it manually.

1 Like

Hello just for clarification, this update means i am not forced to sign up as a PRO Author correct? I can still choose to just continue selling exclusive tracks like before?

Yes, you can still continue to sell music just as you did before. Just choose that you donā€™t have a PRO.

He Pinkzebraā€¦ Did you find out if ASCAP does fingerprinting (using Soundmouse?). And if so, do they do all tv and radio of the USA, also regional? And can they go back a few years for you?

Do they take scans of other companies like SourceAudio as proof of use of your music?

And can you become a member of ASCAP if you donā€™t have a post adres in the USA?

Many questionsā€¦ :slight_smile:

Just out of curiosity, why would providing a pseudonym in the ā€œcomposerā€ field in the track description be preferable to just putting your legal name there?

Because you donā€™t want people to know who you are in real life and/or donā€™t want to be associated with production music if you have other musical projects in motion.

Many famous artists also do this when they write music that isnā€™t in the style that they are most associated with.

1 Like

Yeah, indeedā€¦

Also perhaps itā€™s easier for a buyer to fill in Stockwaves as a composer, quick and easy instead of a real nameā€¦ Donā€™t knowā€¦

1 Like

I spoke with Ascap. They donā€™t (and neither does Bmi or sesac as far as I know) employ any kind of digital fingerprinting, unfortunately. All based on cue sheets.

2 Likes

I have heard from writers that SESAC does look at TUNESAT detections which seems to be a fingerprinting company. Clearly an independent fingerprinting company and not owned or 100% relied upon by USA PROā€™s. Watch the video itā€™s actually quite funnyā€¦

https://tunesat.com/tunesatportal/home

2 Likes

Duuuuuuude Luca, THANK YOU! Surprised this wasnā€™t advertised because it is extremely useful.

1 Like

So what PRO is the best one for non-us authors ?
Any ideas about that ?

and one more - Does PROs takes percentages from the money they collect ?

Cheers!

I think the PRO in the country you live inā€¦ They are all connected and send each other money and cue sheets etc.

European artists that are very popular sometimes become a member of ASCAP in the USA.

As I understand it: The only difference is that you get paid sooner: Royalties take about two or sometimes three years to get from the USA to other countriesā€¦

They do take a small percentageā€¦

How come there is no ā€œoriginal titleā€ field for PRO users? Do I really need to register my tracks as ā€œUpbeat Inspiring Corporateā€? Does anyone have a solution/idea for that?

1 Like

One idea is to start naming your tracks with original titles and maybe others will follow.

3 Likes