March Marketing Campaign: FAQ's

We’re running a marketing campaign for ThemeForest and CodeCanyon items in March.

Unlike previous campaigns, this campaign will have no limit as to the number of items we will feature on our landing page, meaning it’s a great chance for more authors to take part. We want to open this campaign up to as many authors and items as possible (who meet our promotional criteria, of course). So why not join in and be a part of the sale? Item nominations are now open for ThemeForest (link) and CodeCanyon (link).

This thread contains FAQs for the March campaign.

Questions & Answers

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?**

• We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by March 2nd 2018.

What if my item isn’t chosen to be on the landing page?**

• We will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page. However, we anticipate an increase in traffic to all marketplaces, so you can still participate by managing in your item price onsite if you wish.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?**

• If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?**

• Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which don’t meet the promotional criteria will be removed from the promotion (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market), plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

Could you remind me again of the item requirements for the promotion?**

ThemeForest Items > 4+ star rated and with 50+ sales
CodeCanyon Items > 4+ star rated and with 25+ sales
VideoHive Items > 15+ sales.

How are items selected?**

• All items nominated must meet the criteria selection listed above. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?**

• We’ll automatically apply the 40% discount to the selected files just before the campaign goes live.

• After the promotion finishes, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

From our lawyers:

We retain sole discretion over the files we promote, and we may change the content and format of the promotion (including which files are promoted) during the promotion in order to ensure it remains fresh and generally irresistible to recipients.

Any other questions?

• If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

Please feel free to sing out with any other questions below.

5 Likes

Hi @matthewcoxy.

Can we promote our product here, or where can we do this?
March Campaign offers any badge? (We totally <3 badges!)

Best regards.

Bahahaha, we actually haven’t built a marketing campaign badge, although we totally should :slight_smile:

This thread is just an FAQ for the campaign nomination thread, located here.

2 Likes

Hi,

can be promoted any item with a minimum rating of 4 stars but based on less than 3 ratings.

Can we promote multiple items for each market place? Also, can we submit bundle items? Thanks!

@dzeriho absolutely you can.

@mgscoder unfortunately no.

Hi @matthewcoxy @BenLeong

We like the idea of the campaign, but we don’t understand why Envato doesn’t share the discount with the authors. Let us explain:

Before ADP and buyers fees, an Elite author that had a $60 theme and entered the promotion earned $21 per sale (70% of $30). Now, Envato doesn’t share the sale discount in his buyers fee, so now, the same author that enters the sale with the same item earned ($30-$12 buyers fee) - (18*0.1250 author fee) = $15.75, that’s a difference of $5+

We don’t expect that Envato shares every time an author makes a discount or if some author decides to give a 90% discount (actually that’s why people also asked for pricing limits because of the difference between what $1 gets you in different countries, making a little of unfair competition), but when it’s a sale promoted and handled by Envato (you prepare, promote it and automatically apply the discounts) we think it’s only fair to share the discount so authors who are offering a 50% discount don’t have to end up with a 55%-60% discount in their earnings and not 50%, don’t you think?

7 Likes

totally agree!

Which of listed logic is applicable for ratings

ratings=int_val(rating);
OR
ratings=round(ratings);

Hi @BenLeong Seeing that you moved our reply to this post, we assume that you’ve read it, so could you please answer our question? Thanks

Hi @Odin_Design, i totally agree with this topic and thank you for this idea and glad that Envato joined us :slight_smile:

Rounded.

Are the nominations restricted to one nomination per author? Or can we nominate multiple items?

You can nominate multiple items, but you’ll need to submit a new form for each item you nominate :slight_smile:

Hi,

What if i have 1+ items and in that 1 or none of them got selected. but i wanted to discount all the products i have.

is that can be done ?

Also can i use the images that are provided by Envato in my items which are not selected too ?

@matthewcoxy @BenLeong

2 Likes

Hi @matthewcoxy,

I have nomited my item on 28th February. I did not received any email from Envato Team. I can not understand my submit was in the right nomination submit period or I have done late. Please can you tell me about this. Are nomited items already selected or selection process is running. Many Thanks