Envato “March Sale” Campaign FAQ

General information

What is the March Sale Campaign?

Each year Envato hosts a sale in March and we are keeping up this tradition in 2020 with a large scale campaign that helps our customers create on-trend projects.

This campaign will feature 40% off ~400 items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive, AudioJungle on a dedicated campaign landing page, with focus on trending, best-selling and new author-nominated items.

The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates. Our March Sale campaign will be live between Tuesday 24th March (5am UTC) and Wednesday 1st April (5am UTC) 2020.

What types of trending items are you looking for?

To showcase trending items in this campaign, we are looking for items with a high amount of unit sales in the past 3 months or new items that follow current or predicted trends for 2020.

Envato published a number of articles about current and predicted trends, below are some ideas, resources and suggestions on trends to get you started. Note that this information is intended as a guide and our campaign selection will not be limited to the trends in these reports:

Detailed timeline of events

• Tuesday, 18 February: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Sunday, 23 February: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, or have recently participated in the Cheers to 30 Years of Photoshop Campaign, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
  • Friday, 6 March: We will inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
  • Tuesday, 24 March: The campaign begins (5am UTC), and promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items.
  • Wednesday, 1 April: Promotional campaign ends at (5am UTC)

To convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your local timezone, click here

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in these threads:

Will the feature section of the landing page be used during this campaign?

Yes, there will be two sections of the landing page to display sale items. The majority of selected items will be displayed in the main sale section, while a limited number of items will receive special exposure in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page.

The campaign feature items are hand-picked by Envato staff, chosen from all items nominated by authors to represent the top trending items that Envato Market has to offer. While we can’t promise that your items will definitely be chosen, we’d love to see the best of your portfolio nominated for consideration.

All items will be displayed for the full duration of the campaign period.

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by Friday 6th March. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item nomination.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers, and to make sure buying customers have certainty around pricing and the extent of discounts.

For items to stay on the landing page, they’ll have to meet the promotional criteria for the whole campaign period. So for those items which do not meet the promotional criteria (ie, if you remove the discount, or attempt to re-price relevant sale items during the sale period), either:

• those items will automatically be removed from the promotion page (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market); or
  • the discount will automatically re-applied, at the previously determined discounted rate.

Plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

Will you add more items during the sale?

We occasionally need to add new items during a promotion, if other items have been removed from the sale. If we need to add additional items during the campaign, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Campaign sale, between 12am and 5am (UTC) on Tuesday 24th March 2020. See above about changes to item prices during the campaign period, and what that means for eligibility.

After the promotion ends, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

• If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
  • We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.
  • We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
  • Selected items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched on Tuesday 24th March at 5am UTC.

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

5 Likes

Hi!

Finally, the March campaign! Envato, it’s time to rock this boat!

How many items can I nominate? Can I nominate items that taking part in Envato Sales Experiment now?

So I didn’t understand this point :

Sunday, 23 February : Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, or have recently participated in the Cheers to 30 Years of Photoshop Campaign, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).

do I have to lower the price before Sunday 23, or what exactly ?

Hi @soundbay! There’s no limit to the number of items you can nominate, but we try to include items from a range of different authors where possible. As a rough guideline, up to four items from each category is probably a good number.

Every campaign we see someone nominate 50+ items in a category, which generally isn’t a good idea - it’s a lot of time spent filling out nomination forms, and we would never include that many from a single author. Just send through some of your best :slight_smile:

I’ll check with the team running the current sales experiment, but I think those items should be fine. I’ll post in this thread to confirm once I have an answer.

@teedeskdev In order for us to advertise a discounted price (e.g. “was $50, now $30”) the item must have been sold at a stable base price for at least 30 days prior to the campaign.

That means that if you want to change your item prices at all, you will need to decide on a “base price” by the time nominations close on Feb 23, and leave that price in place until the campaign launches. We’ll automatically reduce this to the sale price (40% discount) when the campaign launches on March 24.

It’s important to note that under Author-Driven Pricing, you can still change an item price at any time. However, if the item price changes at all between Feb 23 and Mar 24 (the 30-day period before the campaign), we won’t be able to include it in the March Sale.

2 Likes

Now everything is clear for me.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi , my item released today with 60% discount. ($29 instead of $69).
So , what should I do submitting theme ? It’s a new theme , changing price to $69 is risk for the new item.
Can’t I Submit this item ?

Thanks.

Hi @LockThemes. If your item has only just released, the price it is listed at this Sunday (Feb 23) would be the base price used for the campaign. All items in this campaign must have been sold at a consistent price for the 30 days before the campaign launches (Feb 23 - Mar 24).

If you want to sell at a $29 “introductory price” and then increase the price after Feb 23, that item would not be eligible for the March Sale campaign.

Hello @BenLeong,

Our items are the WooCommerce themes. So, we need to select “ThemeForest > WordPress” or “ThemeForest > eCommerce” category?

Thank you!

Hi @skygroup!

ThemeForest > eCommerce is the best category if your themes are primarily designed for WooCommerce, instead of just including it as an option (i.e. most multipurpose themes).

just say that I cleared Everything Thank you so much BenLeong For the clarifications.

1 Like

thanks for your clarification envato :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Is the nomination list out?

My item has been selected for this campaign, but I haven’t received the promotional image yet, when will it be provided to me?

Thanks for the nomination, Envato!

Did I understand correctly that there will be a special page with promotional products?
Not like now: only discounts were assigned in the profile, but someone does not see them?

1 Like

Hello @BenLeong,

Have e-mails been sent to all selected candidates?

Regards.

Hi all!

Our Campaigns team sent out confirmation emails to all selected authors last Friday, with details on the campaign.

We’ll be sending out official campaign graphics next Thursday (March 19), ready for use on item pages or other channels (social media, etc) for the official campaign launch.

Selected items are not discounted yet, but the discount price will be automatically applied when the campaign launches on March 24. At that time, we’ll also have a dedicated campaign landing page to promote all the sale items.

If your item has been selected for this sale, please also remember that any price changes made after Feb 23 will mean that item is no longer eligible for inclusion in the March Sale campaign.

Hi @BenLeong ,

My item has been selected. That is great and I can’t wait for the starting date of this campaign. I have a question: could I update my item before the campaign is started? I don’t change the price, only fix some small issues and add new features for my item. I want to have the best preparation for this campaign.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @boostheme!

Yes - you can freely update your item and/or the item page description at any time.

The item information (title, preview image etc) used on our campaign landing page is usually taken a few days before launch, so updating early is best. If the preview image shown on our landing page no longer matches the version shown on the item, send details to the communitymarketing email address, and we should be able to manually update that during the campaign.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @BenLeong!
I will update my item soon. And I will let you know if the preview image is shown on your landing page no longer matches the version shown on the item.

1 Like