What is the March Sale Campaign?
Each year Envato hosts a sale in March and we are keeping up this tradition in 2020 with a large scale campaign that helps our customers create on-trend projects.
This campaign will feature 40% off ~400 items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive, AudioJungle on a dedicated campaign landing page, with focus on trending, best-selling and new author-nominated items.
The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates. Our March Sale campaign will be live between Tuesday 24th March (5am UTC) and Wednesday 1st April (5am UTC) 2020.
What types of trending items are you looking for?
To showcase trending items in this campaign, we are looking for items with a high amount of unit sales in the past 3 months or new items that follow current or predicted trends for 2020.
Envato published a number of articles about current and predicted trends, below are some ideas, resources and suggestions on trends to get you started. Note that this information is intended as a guide and our campaign selection will not be limited to the trends in these reports:
- Envato’s Creative Trend Predictions 2020 (Themes, Code, Video, Audio, Graphics)
- Year in Review 2019 Trends (Themes, Code, Video, Audio, Graphics)
- Predicted WordPress Trends 2020 (Themes)
- Colour Trends 2020 (Video & Graphics)
- Trending Illustration Styles in 2020 (Graphics)
- Pantone Colour of the Year: Classic Blue (Themes, Video & Graphics)
Detailed timeline of events
- Tuesday, 18 February: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Sunday, 23 February: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, or have recently participated in the Cheers to 30 Years of Photoshop Campaign, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
- Friday, 6 March: We will inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
- Tuesday, 24 March: The campaign begins (5am UTC), and promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items.
- Wednesday, 1 April: Promotional campaign ends at (5am UTC)
To convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your local timezone, click here
Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?
This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.
How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?
Follow the instructions in these threads:
Will the feature section of the landing page be used during this campaign?
Yes, there will be two sections of the landing page to display sale items. The majority of selected items will be displayed in the main sale section, while a limited number of items will receive special exposure in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page.
The campaign feature items are hand-picked by Envato staff, chosen from all items nominated by authors to represent the top trending items that Envato Market has to offer. While we can’t promise that your items will definitely be chosen, we’d love to see the best of your portfolio nominated for consideration.
All items will be displayed for the full duration of the campaign period.
How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by Friday 6th March. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.
What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us via email@example.com and we will remove your item nomination.
If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?
Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers, and to make sure buying customers have certainty around pricing and the extent of discounts.
For items to stay on the landing page, they’ll have to meet the promotional criteria for the whole campaign period. So for those items which do not meet the promotional criteria (ie, if you remove the discount, or attempt to re-price relevant sale items during the sale period), either:
- those items will automatically be removed from the promotion page (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market); or
- the discount will automatically re-applied, at the previously determined discounted rate.
Plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.
Will you add more items during the sale?
We occasionally need to add new items during a promotion, if other items have been removed from the sale. If we need to add additional items during the campaign, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.
How are items selected?
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
Who is responsible for changing the price of items?
All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Campaign sale, between 12am and 5am (UTC) on Tuesday 24th March 2020. See above about changes to item prices during the campaign period, and what that means for eligibility.
After the promotion ends, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
- We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.
- We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
- Selected items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched on Tuesday 24th March at 5am UTC.
Any other questions?
If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.