(Locked) Refund Policy?

Quick question,

Does TF have a Refund Policy?
I want to buy a template, but I am not 100% sure if it works for the newer version of Joomla. Don’t want to be out $40 if I can’t use it. Can’t get a hold of the creator. So I am asking you all :wink:

Thanks,
Jon

Our refund policy

We will happily issue a refund as a site credit for any file which is not as described, or if it is malfunctioning. In instances where a file has been purchased incorrectly, we will only refund if you have not already downloaded the file.

Please note - initiating an unauthorized chargeback with your financial institution or illegitimately disputing a transaction using PayPal or MoneyBookers is considered fraud and will result in the disablement of your account until the issue has been resolved. Please note that deposits are non-refundable as laid out in our Membership Terms and Conditions (Clause 13. Payments from Member Ledger).

Found at http://themeforest.net/support when “Item or File Issues” is selected from the dropdown.

If you want to make sure a file works with your version of Joomla, check the right sidebar at the item details page, like this:
You will see the version there. Or simply ask the author. If he clearly states it’s working while it’s not I guess you will get a refund. But not if you just don’t like it or don’t need it or can’t customize it or whatever :slight_smile:

All the best!

You should use caution when purchasing a theme. The theme I purchased was advertised as a photographic theme. The problem that was not mentioned by the developer is that it only works well with landscape (wide) photos. If you have portrait (tall) photos it crops the image off across the clients eyes. To me this is unacceptable but by the refund policy I am not eligible for a refund because the theme works as advertised.

602photo said

You should use caution when purchasing a theme. The theme I purchased was advertised as a photographic theme. The problem that was not mentioned by the developer is that it only works well with landscape (wide) photos. If you have portrait (tall) photos it crops the image off across the clients eyes. To me this is unacceptable but by the refund policy I am not eligible for a refund because the theme works as advertised.

Hi mate,

Why didn’t you live preview the site to check for this before hand? :open_mouth:

I recently bought the life theme and the creator mocked me on the comments. Wont reply for shit. The CSS is all messed up. Hired 2 coders they quit already, Im in college for a coding related degree. His demo worked fine. But download it and you will see, Half the crap is hard coded in, So you manually have to remove it. If you know code.

602photo said

Thats not a “problem” with the theme. Besides the latest version supports portraits anyway.

Just a note for anyone reading this (it’s why I asked Themeforest a year ago to stop accepting themes called the same name) - this was NOT my Life theme but the other authors life theme… urgh… it’s annoying.

Jonathan

jonathan01 said

Just a note for anyone reading this (it’s why I asked Themeforest a year ago to stop accepting themes called the same name) - this was NOT my Life theme but the other authors life theme… urgh… it’s annoying.

Jonathan

Wow! Jonathan I’m glad you said something. I was having a hard time believing the comments because I was of course thinking of your theme. Your theme, Life (the original), is one of my personal favorites. Top 10 site wide easily in my opinion.

Parallelus said
jonathan01 said

Jonathan

Wow! Jonathan I’m glad you said something. I was having a hard time believing the comments because I was of course thinking of your theme. Your theme, Life (the original), is one of my personal favorites. Top 10 site wide easily in my opinion.

You can always shoot the author an email asking if he/she could kindly change the name, I’ve done this in the past.

I take my time and search the marketplace to come up with a new unique item that still represents what my item is but do not end up having the name of someone else item, because I always thought you can’t name your stuff like other people items.

Like always bad move from me, I should just name my items like the best selling item in that category. For this my first wordpress theme will be called:

“UDesign Striking Karma InFocus King Size Responsive Wordpress Theme”

@doru - even though that’s funny and I did enjoy reading your made up name - it’s now a true fact of the marketplaces that people are calling their themes something VERY similar to others simply to attempt to confuse buyers or search engines - it’s not professional at all. I contacted Envato about it and of course got a nothing they can do because reviewers don’t have time to make sure the name is not already used / too similar - which is a fair answer so I placed a thread asking that authors not do this - simple quick search of the site as you say is all it needs.

@contempoinc - it’s a great suggestion but in all honesty it’s prob not worth it - if people here are stealing designs, copying top selling items and calling their products similar names the chances are they will simply laugh at your email as they already know what they have done. (disclaimer - I am not saying the other author who has a similar name to one of my products copied anything of mine - not at all!)

@Parallelus - you made my day with your comment - I appreciate it greatly :slight_smile:

Jonathan

PS - OP so sorry this went off your important topic - I really just wanted to clear up that it is my life item in question. Good luck with your issue.

jonathan01 said

[link removed - please contact Support. Refrain from calling out authors on the forum]

This is the crook. Cam anyone get me a refund? Or do i need to do a chargeback

kangbroke said

This is the crook. Cam anyone get me a refund? Or do i need to do a chargeback

To request a refund, please contact support and describe how the theme is defective in your request

http://support.envato.com

hey for the record - I never pointed that person / product out in anyway - I know the product but from the OP’s latest post it looks like I said it - I didn’t - not sure what they did there!

Jonathan

I love how Eminem and other give permission for preview use on themeforest. I lost his phone number so I can’t ask him right now to send me a couple of photos for my items. Too bad :frowning: I will call Beyonce then.

sevenspark said
kangbroke said
jonathan01 said

Done! I already found a better theme, More downloads, More commenting. Ive already talked to the creator. I think this 2nd time will make me happier

This author is known for having themes that are unusable because they got bugs over bugs in it.
Her way of supporting is useless as well, she stops commenting due to lack of interest in fixing and due to lack of English skills. I used to work with 2 of her past themes, they both were rubbish even tho they are selling really well and have a wonderful design.
One should always check the item comments and see if the author handles support well.

Edit: PS: Your comment was really funny tho «The Videos are not only fast paced. But no audio or commentary of any kind. What about blind people.»
Good luck with the new theme!

Calling out authors and files in the forums just isn’t cool. Buyers have a voice in the product comments and that’s where it belongs.

I understand that sometimes a product can be loaded with bugs, but a very high percentage of the bugs reported from buyers on the marketplaces are user mistakes. And as authors, a great deal of our support time is taken up by first investing these mistakes, and then showing the buyer how they can fix them. This isn’t really support. It’s work we do for free. But lots of us do this because we believe in customer service.

At the same time, we also don’t have much of a choice because if support isn’t provided the product’s page would just be full of unhappy customers. So this becomes a tricky thing for Envato to handle with regards to refunds. Because support isn’t required, and when it isn’t no one really knows if the product is actually horrible or if the comments are just unanswered user mistakes.

Now to play devil’s advocate, user mistakes can usually be avoided with high quality documentation :slight_smile:

CodingJack said

Calling out authors and files in the forums just isn’t cool. Buyers have a voice in the product comments and that’s where it belongs.

I understand that sometimes a product can be loaded with bugs, but a very high percentage of the bugs reported from buyers on the marketplaces are user mistakes. And as authors, a great deal of our support time is taken up by first investing these mistakes, and then showing the buyer how they can fix them. This isn’t really support. It’s work we do for free. But lots of us do this because we believe in customer service.

At the same time, we also don’t have much of a choice because if support isn’t provided the product’s page would just be full of unhappy customers. So this becomes a tricky thing for Envato to handle with regards to refunds. Because support isn’t required, and when it isn’t no one really knows if the product is actually horrible or if the comments are just unanswered user mistakes.

Now to play devil’s advocate, user mistakes can usually be avoided with high quality documentation :slight_smile:

I called him/her out due to the fact of attempting to contact on the “Contact form” They have in the install file.

They and you dont need to provide support, I dont care. But if ya do make it worth a damn.

And I wasnt fully bitchin, I liked the concept I would still pay $15. But not fair to pay $35 for a theme that I have had to hire a coder to repair. And truthfully I will even send the valid code to the author. Hopefully to help others out who bought this crap.

And trust me its not user mistakes. I can provide you with a link on my host. And do a raw install and make you an admin just to prove my point.

I have nothing to gain by lying. If it were me that made mistakes I wouldnt be right to complain.

I will even go as far as buy the theme for an admin, And let them find out at my expense, People should not be aloud to make a bad name for themeforest.

If I sold nikes, And you ordered a pair and I sent you reeboks you should get a refund. All im sayin

mazoor said

This author is known for having themes that are unusable because they got bugs over bugs in it.
Her way of supporting is useless as well, she stops commenting due to lack of interest in fixing and due to lack of English skills. I used to work with 2 of her past themes, they both were rubbish even tho they are selling really well and have a wonderful design.
One should always check the item comments and see if the author handles support well.

Edit: PS: Your comment was really funny tho «The Videos are not only fast paced. But no audio or commentary of any kind. What about blind people.»
Good luck with the new theme!

Yea i was looking for a replacement theme to use. And it was buy the same douche bag. I almost hit myself.

I am a coder (11+ years in, Im now in college taking code classes.)

I have a friend from Sweden, Hes smarter than me, He took time off to fix all the errors for me. I gave him $40 and he used the raw zip to install.

He has fixed most the errors, but even him and the 2 guys i hired before him quit, Its a mess.

Ty for liking my comment. Im not a bad guy. Just new to themeforest. Id outsource on DP and over pay before. Now that I come here first time get burned, We didnt even have sex.

I would like to know I can trust theme forest. I found quite a few themes I already am thinking of buying.