EuroTour 2019: We'd like your input

Hello authors! Over the last few years we’ve been sending members of the Envato team to Europe to visit authors across a few countries for meetups. Last year we blew away attendance expectations and the feedback from authors was extremely positive.

We’ve been thinking a lot about EuroTour and what might come next for it and we wanted to take some time to reach out to you to find out your thoughts about EuroTour and what you think is important.

We want these events to be valuable to you.

I’ve put together a survey and would love to hear from those who have participated in the past and those who haven’t to find out what we can do to make sure that EuroTour is the best it can be.

Thank you for your thoughts and input!

5 Likes

I think it should be free as this year. Even the amount is no big deal but when you start to charge, you have to offer something special ( not like dinner or t-shirt ) for exchange rather than just meet-up/hang-out

Y.

Thanks for the feedback. We have not made any decisions about whether to charge or not. We’re not looking to make a profit from an event like this but there are some more logistical reasons why we might charge. In particular that it is very difficult to get accurate attendance predictions. We had close to 300 people registered in Moscow for example, and we planned for that many but in the end around half showed up. It is a challenge to organize and host these events and finding the right balance takes care, which is why we’re asking for your opinions! We’re hoping you will help us get it right. :slight_smile:

in Moscow, too? I thought it was only in Kiev?

Believe me I understand your concern ( This is Yigit speaking now ) My problem was about the payment process. I had better agreement earlier but there was a delay for the deposit - if I could’ve paid the deposit for the first place, there’d be no strict rules about the food/drink so I could’ve arrange the details as it needed.

I have spent one week day/light ( time difference Kiev / Sydney ) and I’m sure that you haven’t heard at least half of the problem that I was having and trying to explain to Louise

All best,

Yigit

Meetup is always cool! But can we see interviews with authors from a 2018 meetups? Cannot find any information about them. :frowning:

The EuroTour should happen in the centre of Europe = Brussels.

Was world map changed recently? I’m not a geographer, but as far I know, Brussels isn’t even close to the center of Europe. Please kindly correct me if I’m wrong (with evidence to backup your claims, of course). Thanks in advance!

I don’t mean the geographical centre.

Wikipedia:
Brussels in Belgium is considered[2] the de facto capital of the European Union,[3] having a long history of hosting the institutions of the European Union within its European Quarter. The EU has no official capital, and no plans to declare one, but Brussels hosts the official seats of the European Commission, Council of the European Union, and European Council, as well as a seat (officially the second seat but de facto the most important one) of the European Parliament.

Yes, I’m aware of this information. However…

Europe Union is not Europe. It is just a political union, so it can’t even have a center. Hence, Brussels is just a city where a majority of some political organization buildings is located, and this is it.

Of course, we all have arguments why Tour should take place in our beloved country/city, but it’s just a subjective opinion. I could say “Tour should happen in the most beautiful country of Europe - XYZ”, but most likely you wouldn’t believe that such my claim is an actual fact?

Anyways, I have nothing against Brussels or any other country/city, as long as Tour place is selected depending on some real-life criteria instead.

Thanks for your follow-up and have a great weekend!

1 Like

Have a nice weekend!

1 Like