Calling All European Authors!

¡Hola! Hello! Bonjour! Salam! Ciao! Hallo! Hei! Helló! Bongu! Buna!

This coming June, a number of Envatians from HQ and around the world will be voyaging to Europe. We’d like to meet as many of you as possible and we need your help!

We’re looking for some local authors who might be willing to coordinate a meetup in their city (or country).

If you’ve been thinking about hosting a meetup and have been waiting for just the right time to do it, that time is now! Here’s what you need to do:

1. Pick a date for your meetup between June 7-14
  2. Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested
  3. Find a local venue that’s willing to host you (could be a pub or restaurant)
  4. Invite your author colleagues (we’ll help you out with this)

We can’t guarantee we’ll be able to get to every meetup but we’d like to try! We’ll post the dates and locations we’ll be able to attend and for anyone else unable to coordinate or looking to attend, we hope you’ll be able to make it out to one of these meetups!

Our whole team will be in Paris on June 15/16 when we hope to host a local meetup there as well. We can’t wait to see you!

14 Likes

Yeaaa. I’ll sign us up for slovenia’s capitol :slight_smile:

Ljubljana sounds lovely! I hear Tivoli Park is lovely in June.

1 Like

Hey would be great do a big European meetup is some awesome city like London or Milano. I’m from italy.

1 Like

Prepare your speech :wink:

Loool, know it by heart. But pshhhh, you will scare them away :stuck_out_tongue:

Oooh, sounds interesting. Although I’m not able to organize a meetup, meetup somewhere in Europe would be a great “excuse” to travel :smiley:

2 Likes

Can an author outside the Euro attend the meetup … i am from Palestine- Gaza and i wish to attend Event like this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Of course you can! :smiley:

4 Likes

We’ve had a few authors agree to host meetups and we’re still hoping for a few more! We’ll be responding to all the forms in the next few weeks. We want to make sure the dates all work together and not everyone wants to host their meetup at the same time on the same day.

Thanks for the interest and keep thinking about organizing. It’s fairly straightforward. Pick a pub, fill out a form, invite your author friends and away we go! The events don’t need to big (even ten people is a good size), we’re just looking to connect with as many of you as possible.

Have a great day!

3 Likes

That would be awesome!

Sounds like fun. I’d love to drop by if there’s a meet up in Stockholm, Sweden.

Why not organise one! Send me a message and we can talk through it. We’d love to be in stockholm. We don’t speak swedish very much and don’t know the best venues/pubs/restaurants which is one of the reasons we’re looking for local authors to help organise.

Wish I had time, but I’m part of a group arranging a music festival on the 9-10th of june. Which will keep me busy the weeks leading up to the festival. So I’m hoping someone else could take charge and that it’s possible to have a meet up sometime between the 12-14th of june in Stockholm. I could help out scout places in advance though.

Depending on the size of the crowd, the are a few great brewery pubs in Stockholm with a great atmosphere.

Hey! It sounds like a great idea! Anyone from Romania care to meet up in Bucharest?

What about Amsterdam? Canals, Heineken and a lot of fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a meetup in Bucharest already scheduled I think. https://nvite.com/EnvatoMeetupBUC/e00f

2 Likes

What about a meetup in the heart of historical Venice? I did fill out the form and waiting to hear back :slight_smile:

1 Like