Element 3D V2

AndrewKramer said

The 2 major causes for instability with OpenGL are:

1. Out of Date Drivers
  2. Not enough memory

In V2, we have reduced the memory usage of many core features which should help a lot. Excess memory usage seems the be the primary cause of instability.

This is very good news … soon we’ll be testing this version actually look forward, like crazy … start having fun with !!! :wink: Good work !!!

Thanks for the reply Andrew, and yea, I am on a mac. Apple suckers! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Andrew for this killer app and that you want do everything for us template designer to get V1 projects open in V2 without any issue in a short dev time - so we don´t need to worry about our V1 templates and can go on with creating new stuff - great.

But please make here an official statement for the question why you not allow to sell pre-render stuff out of E3D for sell as stock videos like looped backgrounds for example (not inside templates) if we completely use our own content like models/textures and so on.

Would be great to hear you change the rule with V2, because its an app like any other 3D app in our eyes - but a hell rocking speedy thing to get high quality results in seconds :slight_smile:

And so we all hope to be allowed uploading V2 templates very soon here and maybe also stock video renders if you allow us to do … and for sure we all help you get a big increase of E3D V2 sales with our templates - here are really many cool designers at work - videohive.net rocks!

@C_You.

After we released Optical Flares, there was a flood of pre-rendered templates on various template sites using our lens flares. So even though we made the plug-in very affordable at $125, template makers were selling pre-rendered versions for $30-$60 effectively bypassing our development efforts.

Our team works hard on plug-ins for about 1-2 years before even selling a single copy, it’s a big investment for us and we are fortunate to have great customers that we can keep our prices low and affordable.

So, how can we recoup our hard work if the templates are pre-rendered? Sure some people might purchase the plug-in after seeing it in a template but isn’t pre-rendering intended to bypass that.

Element 3D is not $2000 like other 3D programs, it’s only $199, yet the amount of development we have put in, we could sell it for $399 or more like other programs.

But by keeping the price low, we are also making it available to more people and that provides even more potential template customers who can’t afford C4D or 3D Max.

Our hope is that people will continue to sell great templates and that we can continue to benefit from our hard work developing a plug-in that has powerful features at a reasonable price.

Plus we hope that our customers buy your great templates too!

It’s really great that you actually came here to talk about our concerns once again Andrew. I purchased the plugin yesterday. As you’re saying, it’s quite a bargain, and for us who had previous version, its just 99$ which is ridiculously cheap when considering what it offers. I would have bought it even if it was in line with other 3D applications, such as maya, since it gives me so much flexibility. For vfx and matte paintings, its like a plugin from heaven :smiley:

Although I understand your pricing strategy. I, and many authors here really appreciate your work, you’ve really put us in the future in this aspect, and while im playing with V2, i’m completely blown away with the accuracy and speed that it offers.

Big well done from all of us! :slight_smile: It’s the perfect Christmas present. When’s v3 coming out? :smiley:

AndrewKramer said

We are COMMITTED to getting all V1 projects to open in V2 correctly! We invite anyone with a problem to please send it to us right away and we will try and fix any issues and update the plug-in so it is not a problem for anyone.

Thanks for checking in on us Andrew! Really appreciate it.

I will be sending you one of my templates shortly that I am having issues with the update, hopefully it will be a good test subject for you.

Thanks again, congrats on the release.

@Andrew

Its great be able to speak to you directly and its public for all of us.

PLEASE answer again, because you DO NOT understand what I have discussed a few times with Matt in the past (sorry if this is a little bit force you - but important for us) and what we mean with pre-renders.

I totally agree with all you said - you really made the greatest job ever for us and its absolutely cool and clever price system - you should have a lot of money for that hard work :slight_smile:

But thats what we want too - earn money out of our own work and I DO NOT tell about pre-renders in our templates like many here does with OF in the last years. I really mean specific pre-renders to sell as own made little video clips and exact this point IS NOT affecting a single missed sale of E3D - and thats what I am talking about again and again.

Why no more sale for you? Because NO buyer of a stock video clip (no matter if its a background loop or a car is driving through the screen - own created model/textures and so for clear this up) would buy E3D. Its logical, because its not a template - its just a film the buyer would get from us - right? And it doesn´t matter if the clip is created in C4D or in E3D - that are all only 3D apps as a tool - but yours is really cool of course :slight_smile:

If you not allow to produce ready rendered videos/still images for stock market, you would NOT get one more sale of your plugins out of just a video clip, because ready rendered clips has no need of a plugin - right? Only issue here is you hurt us designer a lot not be able to produce own render material for sale and cannot earn money like you does through our templates.

And thats the point Andrew - Maxon or Adobe don´t say “hey you have made a cool item out of our app - you only can sell your work direct to clients, but rendered stuff (with authors own created content - sure) is NOT allowed to sell it anywhere”. Red Giant BTW as example allow to render with all their plugins (flares/particles …).

It makes absolute NO sense we NOT allowed render for separate video clips - so PLEASE change your VC role/terms as following:

1. Pre-Render stuff (no matter what plugin (E3D / OF) is NOT allowed IN TEMPLATES
    (I totally agree and we all want to help you sell a lot of plugin copies with our cool templates)

2. Pre-Render for stock video clips that are not embedded in templates (because there is no need for a plugin the buyer could skip or not) are allowed in the future - so we can earn money like to use C4D or Photoshop or any other app to create a video clip

I hope you understand now the point of pre-renders without a template and change the role we all cannot understand at the moment.

Thanks again for that what you have done with your PlugIns for all of us :slight_smile:

So just an example:

If I am a buyer and looking for a 3D bullet (I created one my own for sure) is hitting a wall. I will find a lot of clips or still images at stock markets that fits my needs. And thats the point - I cannot know which app was used by the designer to create this clip/image - logical - and this is really NOT important to know for a buyer. And in that way I have not to think about to buy a plugin - so WHY - I only search and buy a video clip (not a template) - nothing else - easy to understand I think.

So NO plugin needed - no missing sales of a plugin - allow it and forbid pre-renders ONLY for templates (in which a buyer could skip to buy your plugin) - Freedom for all of us :slight_smile:

@C_You

we discussed about pre-render from Element 3D when the first version come up. Andrew answered about this in that thread. While in my opinion this is an important aspect that make no sense when using Element3D to render motion graphics that use none of the assets on sale on videocopilot or are bundled with the plugin, in the end anyone is free to license his product how he wants. :slight_smile:

You can see that debate in this thread bellow.

@AndrewKramer

Thank You for joining us. The plugin is awesome, congratulation to you an the team.

Said this, and no critique to the quality of the software, I still think it needs some more attention to content creators.

For example, while I can understand that it make no sense to sell the version 1 anymore maybe you can bundle it together with v2 for compatibility? Is certain that only a small percentage of plugin owners have the need to have both version installed but that percentage is important as they create content and provide reasons for other people to buy the plugin and have the need to support their own products.

Thing is that authors need to get back to their template if some bug is reported by the buyer. It will be annoying to go back and forth installing and uninstalling each version to check buyers request if the bug is reported by owners of the first or second version.

Ideally the authors could update all their templates to v2 but this can’t happen unfortunately.

Don’t know how can this be done technically but just a few ideas bellow.

Maybe it can be created a special version of Element3D for content creators that bundle both Element 3D versions and that can install both plugins on request.

I’m thinking that having both v1 and v2 on in the same project is impossible so when opening a project that use Element or when adding the effect to a layer for the first time in a session, the plugin can ask if you want to use v1 or v2 and then for the entire session you will use the version you’ve chosen and you can save the file with that version.

If the plugin is already present and is a v1 then it can ask if you want to continue with this version or you want to update to v2. If is v2 then off course it will use automatically v2.

I just want to point out that v1.6 should be separte in videohive because the buyer , may already have e3d v1. which creates great 3d titles and would not want to invest another $100 for the newer version , since it works fine with 1.6. So I think we should continue produce e3d for v1 and for v2 separately, like they are different plugins as it was mentioned before that the new plugin has new features.
@AndrewK please make AE to support both version at the same time. For example - yesterday I bought the plugin and didnt installed it yet because I read here that it will replace my previous version . I have 2 95% ready templates and if I finish them in E3D v2 , many of the buyers with old version wont be able to use it so I lose customers, but the projects doesnt use the new features so it makes no sense to finish it in v2.

@Alex
Thats what Andrew said before launch - get your V1 project ready and then go for new V2 stuff.

@doru
I already have followed the thread V1 :slight_smile:

But you made the same mistake as Andrew - read my post again - I don´t say anything about pre-render inside a template. Sure - that would be absolute nonsense, because you can´t change a logo or text when it was made by a pre-render.

What I want is to create also video clips with E3D + OF (not only templates) to get same results as I would do with an other 3D app and that is not allowed by VC. And exact this is totally nonsense, because no app company like Maxon or Adobe forbid to sell stuff I created with those apps. E3D V2 is a so rocking app and you can do a lot of cool video clip stuff with replicator for backgrounds as example. OR make a short jet battle clip (without VC content for sure, because this was not allowed and thats logical) - or a clip like the green wobble blobs Andrew has created for V2 showcase.

Why I don´t able to make those things - I buy a 3D app and generate my very own stuff and for that I must have my own right to sell it anywhere. There is no third party content used so that it should be no problem and VC has NO negative aspect if I produce video clips or still images out of E3D - I explained this all in detail before. The only difference between E3D and a 3D app is that E3D is rocking fast and generates cool looks out of AE.

Again I talk not about pre-render for templates ! I talk about video clip stock :slight_smile:

C_You said

What I want is to create also video clips with E3D + OF (not only templates) to get same results as I would do with an other 3D app and that is not allowed by VC.

So do this staff with other 3D app. What is the problem?

VC made E3D, and they can do what they want with this app. If you disagree - it’s okay, but don’t be so annoying. I think everyone get your point.

C_You said

What I want is to create also video clips with E3D + OF (not only templates) to get same results as I would do with an other 3D app and that is not allowed by VC. And exact this is totally nonsense, because no app company like Maxon or Adobe forbid to sell stuff I created with those apps. E3D V2 is a so rocking app and you can do a lot of cool video clip stuff with replicator for backgrounds as example. OR make a short jet battle clip (without VC content for sure, because this was not allowed and thats logical) - or a clip like the green wobble blobs Andrew has created for V2 showcase.

yes, I know what you are referring to and I’m with you that it doesn’t make sense and would had been great to create stock videos using the render power of Element3D.

AlexZlatev said

I have 2 95% ready templates and if I finish them in E3D v2 , many of the buyers with old version wont be able to use it so I lose customers, but the projects doesnt use the new features so it makes no sense to finish it in v2.

also v2 it isn’t accepted on the marketplace at the moment (we can assume it will be soon but still is not accepted yet)

Just purchased… i will install it into AE cc keeping in cs6 the v1 version. im anxious to test it!!

So do this staff with other 3D app. What is the problem?
The problem is very easy - to have a monster sports car in the garage and not allowed to drive with - makes me feel very sad.

E3D is amazing and I allowed to do a clip when a client ask for. But for me there is no difference when I build a clip first and then a client find it on stock market. In both situations the same clip is done, but in one situation is allowed and in other not - same work - same result - NO more single E3D sale for VC - logical. So why forbid to create a clip with E3D + OF? Sure VC can do what they want - but for me its not very fair play for designer if VC has really NO negative aspect if I would create clips/images with their app for sale on stock market. For templates I totally agree and I would do it the same as VC to forbid pre-renders like with OF is done in the past. And with templates we help a lot to increase VC sales of their plugins and with clips/images a lot of new authors would buy the plugin too be able to create great stuff too.

E3D is much more powerful than normal 3D apps in a few areas, because you get results in minutes and not in days of render time. And if you want change something before finish, E3D does that very quick. So for many clip situations E3D is much more efficient than real 3D rendering (if you don´t need complete accurate) and it makes me a little disappointed to have this killer app and don´t allowed to use for just render out my own stuff for sale and earn money.

So it would be very great to hear from Andrew he re-think about this and maybe change the role/terms of use their plugins for clips/images (where nothing can be stolen at single elements and no VC content is used) :slight_smile:

I’ve Just purchased Element 3d V2.0.2 :slight_smile:

http://vimeo.com/113717122

KOSMI said

incredible

Creattive said
KOSMI said

incredible

+1