Deepest concerns about the new rules of maximum upload limits.

I hear you man, that’s true, but remember that today it’s very easy to make quality music and everyone can do it, so your and my sales go down with or without envato being mean. In 2 years you might need to produce 700 tracks per year to survive :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely true! Agree with you totally!

what about 3-4 tracks per day?

1 year
1000 tracks
3000 sales
does it bad for Envato? 1 guy made 3000 sales/year, does it really matters with 1 track or with 1000 tracks?

I would like to think that all songs wouldnt be record in one year. Did he feel the sunshine in his face this year¿? xDD

Are you really suggesting that he wrote 1000 tracks in the last year? These people obviously came to AJ with huge portfolios ready to upload. If the review queue comes down to their aim of 10 days then you can upload approx. 180 tracks a year or 360 with a non-exclusive account. I’d be happy to meet that target!

this is Russian author and he is a member of closed community (same as me) - so I well know all of this track were made during a year, you could ask him yourself

1 Like

I agree with @Manriquedelara , I don’t know what’s the story behind @Alec_Koff, if he really recorded thath amount of music in a year time , I applaud him . I personaly think that’s possible , if you go to sleep , wake up in the morning , and write,record,produce music whole day , every day, every weekend , maybe small vacation in the village (with guitar) . If thats’ a case I admire him ! But probably there’s a couple of people working hard on that profile , or he was really ready for the stock ! Anyway, I saw his profile 9 months ago , and I couldn’t beleive how slow I am :slight_smile: Now there’s a tag on Mr. Alec , and maybe he’ll clear this topic :slight_smile:
Anyway , awesome job @Alec_Koff

2 Likes

sure he is really awesome! Alex Koff is amazing example of hard work

1 Like

And it works, more than 3000 sales say that. Congratulations to Alex.
I would be happy if i could have time to record just one per day. :slight_smile:

Dude, if you make 1 track per day, stick to it. Dont stop producing, but maybe put your best tracks here and the rest on your own website, link to it from your AJ account and keep 100% of the profit on those tracks.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that he didn’t have a load of tracks ready to upload when he started. He’ll have written tracks before he came to AJ surely? He didn’t start writing music from scratch last year.

you dont believe because you judge for yourself
people are different
for me this is impossible, for somebody this is easy
p.s.: ask him directly

I don’t doubt that he can do it. I personally used to produce 2-3 songs a day before my child was born. It’s only a matter of how your workflow works. It’s pretty easy for me to create a reasonable quality corporate tune in 1-1,5 hours from scratch. It doesn’t require any superhuman skills. Sure the end outcome is quite blocky in a sense that it usually means the song structure is ABAB and not too many details in the mix with 4-5 layers but hey, those tunes can easily bring you 30 sales in a year.

3 Likes

You must believe !!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

agree
and if you work with best genre you can do, and you have ready to go instruments and even channel strips, you can make any track during a day, this is just question of practice

1 Like

I still think that many people in this thread don’t realize that your average stock music and custom tailored music are different beasts. You can of course maximize the quality of each AJ track, but the end outcome probably isn’t too different from more basic portfolio. My own portfolio is perfect example. I don’t have any single track that has given me excellent sales, but still I’m close to 2000 total sales and my sales / month ratio has been stable for 1,5 years already. If my portfolio were 1/10th of my current size I would never have gotten this far, no matter how good the tunes would have been. It’s just a matter of how wide your search visibility can be spread. The most important thing has been the amount of new tunes I can get live.

1 Like

Just a joke: I hope you see this guy is not your friend but your enemy. He will put us all out of business :smiley:

Another viewpoint is this:

let’s say every day there’s 10,000 AJ licences sold a day in total.

For each day, there can be only so many single tunes that get big sales. For example there could be only 100 tunes that would make 100 sales a day in total. But there can be 10,000 tunes that make one sale. My point is that if somebody manages to make a tune that gets 100 sales a day, it is very uncommon and special circumstance. Most of the AJ tunes make usually 0-2 sales a day at best.

It is not reasonable to aim for that goal. Even if every AJ artist would aim for that golden tune, the total amount of sales wouldn’t change from 10,000 to 20,000 because the songs would be great. Most of those tunes would still get only 0-2 sales a day and the effort that would be put into making them would be in vain. Because the artist that makes that tune in smaller amount of time and effort will end up with same sales total.

@PhotonicMusic
Yeah dude , we’re all enemies here. I hate you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m so pissed , I’m gonna open a beer :slight_smile: hehe

Haha, yea, looks like the inspiration is gone for today, beer time, thanks for the idea :wink: