AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

Do you see some result with that ?

In fact it’s very close to the Membership previous system, but now I have like 2 DL a month…

1 Like

Actually this sounds like an interesting idea. To start uploading music for free in a new platform and base the revenue income exclusively in ContentID and PRO royalties.

Anyway, everything is changing so fast that who knows? For what I’m making here, I might just sign up for that.

EDIT: This actually happens already, right? YouTube is packed of free downloadable music with Id registration? I’m outdated, I know.

2 Likes

Youtube is even registering classical songs.

1 Like

Man, what a mess.

1 Like

There is money to be made in PRO, I’m currently making a lot more from PRO libraries than RF libraries.

Essentially, the model of selling tracks for nothing, but earning off the PRO has existed for years with exclusive libraries.

Of course getting accepted into those libraries can be much harder.

It’s strange to think that that’s how it all began, then RF libraries like AJ and P5 popped up, only to destroy themselves and push composers back to the original PRO model.

9 Likes

Yes, it could a freemium strategy, like you don’t buy but you will have claim, remove claim, purchase a license!

But at this time, free music on Youtube, is just free, there’s no content ID on that. That’s the main point of such YouTube channels :confused:

This is true and an interesting point of view. I think the main issue there, is that we are “in between” something, and since nothing is clearly fixed with all the offers everywhere, it will get more and more hard to sell. I also see some guys from sync which are now joining stock because in the sync world there’s also now too much other composers and some said earning had decrease there too :no_mouth:

1 Like

Sorry for this ridiculously naive question but I don’t really get it. What’s the deal with those channels? I doubt they do it out of charity and love for producing commercial music for commercial monetized projects? Do they monetize their own channels and that’s their source of income in stead of selling it through other types of platforms? Do they have patreons or BuyMeACoffe links?

I heard of a case where a channel distributed its music “freely” and one good they the creator registred all the music with ContentID and collected all at once.

I’m completely clueless.

4 Likes

This is not a ridiculous question at all !
I think both system exist. But most of the time when I found these channels I see everything free, no content ID, various genre, various composers and artists etc . it’s more about getting traffic on YouTube and earn youtube money more than music use like stock.

Some also use the music from other and make money on it. There’s probably a deal between the composer and the youtube channel owner.

1 Like

Exactly
But one of the main reasons back then for RF libraries to come into existence was because PROs were not fully (or not at all) adapted to the internet and all the different platforms available. There were not even deals in place with YouTube etc for a long time. Fast forward twenty years and this has completely changed. PROs are now on top of it.

3 Likes

When you post links to such webites you potentially publicise to buyers what is available on other marketplaces so please do not do this on a public forum.

2 Likes

This is not a ridiculous question at all !
I think both system exist. But most of the time when I found these channels I see everything free, no content ID, various genre, various composers and artists etc . it’s more about getting traffic on YouTube and earn youtube money more than music use like stock.

Some also use the music from other and make money on it. There’s probably a deal between the composer and the youtube channel owner.

1 Like

what about the “your last sold item” thread? was it removed by the staff?

2 Likes

Yes.
For some months till now it has been said many times that there are rules to follow. Many did not listen, sent personal messages and continued to ignore the rules, even publishing songs without being sold, etc.
Too many authors constantly breaking the rules.

6 Likes

Seriously???

1 Like

Yes, i could tell more “ideas” they had to publish, i used to laugh about how they tried to think they are smartest than the rest.

5 Likes

So far this is the worst month this year for me! Sales below average by about 50%

3 Likes

Not good for me either, guys. :frowning:

1 Like

Not good for me either, guys. :frowning:

1 Like

4 days without sales! Sales just stopped…

1 Like

18 days after… One sale.
Won´t reach the thresold (again).

2 Likes