Why was this flyer got rejected ?

1 Like

Your flyer has too many random elements placed without any concept.
Also you need learn about hierarchy, typography, spacing and alignments, composition, readability, style, colors. You have issues with almost every aspects of graphic design.

1 Like

hi there are a variety of issues here, let’s get started

1- global style
this is basically a bit simple and “massive” , sort fo too raw at this stage. It would take a little more finesse , having small shapes and a bit more originality if possible , as well, as, to be honest, there is nothing super new with what u have right now
2- “z-lay out”
this is more or less related , the fact of the matter is that some elements are not necessarily positioned the right way when it comes to z-lay out and the related impact zones indeed. A good example is as regard to the logo which is not only sideway and thus misplaced but also not really positioned the right way as far as the reading process goes
3- hierachy
this is part of the result of the z-lay out not being really respected indeed, the hierarchy of information is not this good, actually, all important elements are not really outstanding as they should be and not given the right exposure, pls read the next point for complementary reason indeed …
4- lack of breathing
this is also due to this that the information does not spring out as expected indeed and that the organization does not look like being the proper one. If u place elements too close from margins, there is a lack of breathing, the info looks compact and harder to read and the concerned elements have decreasing exposure , too. This is even worse when considering the next point
5- contrast
this the combination of different things that I explained above but also most importantly again about the choice of colors and decoration. The thing is that having a text popping out is even harder to do as long as u place the text on a “complex background” such as a picture so that u need to make sure that colors are contrasting even more and that the decoration also helps valuing the text over the background. Pls do not take this lightly. Contrast is a basic design principle and thus definitely not to mess with, even more with this one I might add , as contrast issues mean additional troubles when it comes to readability , exposure, and hierarchy , in sort of a snowball effect , 99% of the time
6- alignment
pls let me remind that u this item is a corporate one and that the product is a template. in other words, what u are expected to do , even more than anything else is to bring something to the table that looks “clean looking” and respecting graphic design rules. As this is a template u can modulate the bulk of info to help u to have anything aligned properly> here having columns not belonged from one side to the other does not help to make the whole design look well arranged and professional all the way, so to speak
7- coherence
this is hard to get to know what some elements are for … let’s face it u have a title , u have a logo that u have misplaced but have it , so hard to identify what the text on the top right corner is supposed to be meant for
8- logo
if I were I would invest some time to create a decent and professional looking logo that will take your game to the next level rather than making the whole design look flatter , pls keep in mind that all details matter

1 Like