Why is my first design submission rejected?

Hi everybody, I just made my first ever submission on Envato and got rejected.

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Educational Conference Flyer” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

Hi @Mayowatobi

Your flyer is too basic for so was hard rejected but you need practice more flyer you can see for example on graphicriver approved (you don’t can copy other flyer).

The author @n2n44 he will help you this flyer because he know more that I, I hope he give you good advices.

Regards.

According to new trends for 2020 you’re right with the colors - turquoise and pink (both of them could be even stronger and brighter ), but unfortunately that’s it in this case. I would remove this letters from background and all typo needs work.

hi well u have a good collections of things to fix , improve or change indeed … for me the main thing is that u should set a bigger space for the model it should take almost the whole page vertically speaking … u should introduce a smooth shadow behind her to have a smooth and usually attractive transition with the background. Your background should a bit more elaborated visually speaking , too so that u can increase the commercial potential of your item , globally … people would rather choose redoing rathe than buying if they do not feel like that they can save time by buying … this is why u need to push the envelope graphic design wise according to me … moreover u have issues of contrast and readability with some of your texts, u need to make are that they are all popping out as much as possible and are completely visible, readable , visually attractive and harmonious and u also need to strengthen the hierarchy of information. To do so plaining with size, variations, font combinations more would be welcome and u need to make sure that the most important the text turns out to be the more this is big , visible, bold and contrasting from the background. Pls pay more attention about the spacing between blocks, too, as, at this stage , the thing looks misbalanced out of failing to manage to do so …