Why I stopped giving feedback and why that needs to change...

Hi,

I am on envato for 7 years now, received my 7 years badge yesterday :), and I’ve always liked the marketplaces and often contacted the author with my experience, bad but most of the time extremely good, and always rate items. But recently I got pressured in changing my rating by authors since they are being notified by envato regarding 1 star ratings.

A while ago I purchased an item after contacting the author about how the file (php category) was build since I needed to change some elements. Author replied promptly and said it was possible, so I purchased the file and found out it wasn’t possible. (Author lied to me to make the sale). I contacted the author and confronted the author and the reply was ‘Sorry english isnt my first language and I wasn’t sure what you meant’. But looking back at the answer the author gave me in my pre-sale email he did understand me.

So what I did is I gave the file 1 star and added my story in the comment box,
A couple of hours later I received several calls (My number is online), over a dozen comments on my sites and clients site (we think he used server ip to trace back our websites) with rude comments and hateful remarks.

I believe rating files is a good thing and I also look at ratings when I purchase files but prefer it if Envato only sees the username etc by a rating. For me, from that point on, decided to stop rating files even if they deserver 5 stars…

Anyone else experience issues like this and what is your view on the matter…?

2 Likes

Harassment is definitely not cool. But being able to contact users about ratings is important as sometimes they haven’t contacted support and we are able to provide solutions. I would think the better solution tham the 1 star would be a refund? You should report them to envato support, ringing you is very very no on.