Why everybody should use TuneSat

This is another time when TuneSat helped me in chasing illegal use and unpaid royalties. I’ve heard stories about similar actions taken by authors so that’s nothing new, although some new authors can find this story useful.

Few days ago I have found my music in a Swedish and Norwegian TV commercial. I’ve checked statement and it seemed that client didn’t bought broadcast license. I’ve asked @MojoSoundtrack (he’s from Norway) for the translation of audio record from TuneSat. He recognized brand X from consortium Y. So I wrote to FB page of brand and used contact form from help center of consortium.

The very next day they have bought the biggest license (probably bigger than needed) and called me with apologies.

14 Likes

Very cool! Forgot to mention my 40% translation fee though :wink: No but seriously, another example why we need more clear broadcast presentation.

I see the population in Sweden in 9.99 Million in 2017, so the top biggest license is probably correct in 2019 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience

Interesting about Tunesat , but I don’t have any idea how to use it, do we need to be a p.r.o author or something ? can I join if I’m not a P.r.o author?
also, does it show used items before joining Tunesat ?

@RedOctopus Was it still result from free account?

You don’t have to have your music registered with a PRO to be able to use TuneSat. Anybody can open a free account (with number of tracks and detection limitations).

No, the free account doesn’t show past broadcasts (prior to registration), though I think there is a paid option to be able to do that.

2 Likes

All right ,Thank You :ok_hand: