Did anybody find his tracks with tunesat?

I’m wondering if anybody registered @ www.tunesat.com to track his songs?

Two days ago I uploaded and fingerprinted six of my most popular tracks. From some I know they are used on Youtube, but this tool doesn’t find anything at all… :frowning:

Anybody out there with better results with this tool? Maybe I do or expect something wrong?

I did. But their prices ubelievable high. After few days Tunesat generated report and i found my Hybrid Dubstep Trailer on Outdoor Channel.

Wow, yes, they are VERY high…!! I didn’t even check yet, first I wanted to see if it works.

But did you fidn any tracks?

Yep, they found one of my track in more than 10 Outdoor Channel programs. Probably used as logo.

I fingerprinted every track I sold on AJ, but had no detection whatsoever. I’m not sure that web detection works in trial mode.

LumenMedia, you had detection only for TV detection, right?

I gave TuneSat a trial a few months ago which turned up quite a few uses on network TV in the states. A few TV shows, and the highlight being a track used for an advertisement on WGN for X2 : Xmen with Patrick Stuart giving his “Mutants. Since the discovery of their existence they have been regarded with fear, suspicion, often hatred. Across the planet, debate rages.” dialog over the top. It was quite surreal and exciting when I heard it!

I haven’t subscribed as I don’t think it would be any benefit, other than detecting usage, and the cost really adds up if need to track lots of songs and/or lots of territories/websites. It’s a great piece of tech though, and I sincerely hope that PROs will embrace it and implement a similar system themselves.

-Gari

Yep, only for TV. I uploaded this same track on Youtube and guess what - no detection

PurpleFogSound said

I fingerprinted every track I sold on AJ, but had no detection whatsoever. I’m not sure that web detection works in trial mode.

LumenMedia, you had detection only for TV detection, right?

I’ve had detections from YouTube in trial mode, so it works.

Thanks for clearing this up! Weird that it doesn’t detect it for everyone. Are there settings I might have overlooked?

No, you can’t affect any settings that enhances the searches. You need to consider the billions of videos Tunesat need to go through for detection.

I had one account that didn’t detect anything. Which surprised me since the track I fingerprinted has been sold hundreds of times (not on AJ).

I think we also need to take in consideration that high profile and paying customers probably get prioritized while performing searches/detections.

I signed up two days ago and nothing for me either. I mean I only uploaded a few tracks as I limited it to tracks with more than 10 sales. Still, am crossing my fingers for some detections. I mean I found some myself by just typing “TortoiseTree” in the search so really… I was considering keeping the service for 10 songs, but to be honest, if they don’t find anything soon I’m gonna call it quits.

TortoiseTree said

I signed up two days ago and nothing for me either. I mean I only uploaded a few tracks as I limited it to tracks with more than 10 sales. Still, am crossing my fingers for some detections. I mean I found some myself by just typing “TortoiseTree” in the search so really… I was considering keeping the service for 10 songs, but to be honest, if they don’t find anything soon I’m gonna call it quits.

Give it time for first detection. Mine took a long time.
TortoiseTree said

Yep, as Synchrotron points out, it takes a while for things to start filtering through. Personally, I found the way Tunesat have done this to be a little bit sneaky, in a vain attempt to make people sign up and pay. I only started seeing detections in the last week of my trial, and despite my trial being over, the detections are still showing up to this day, now running into the hundreds.

I’m not sure what the deal with the YouTube detections is though - I was under the impression they recently made that option only available to fully paid members. Could be wrong on that though.

Synchrotron said

Give it time for first detection. Mine took a long time.

How long?
After three days he didn't find anything...
For example he should have found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlnuVOVuksE&list=FLZLd1a3ihovZ7m0tfckay2w&index=4
It's my track "Happy and Easy"
but I doubt if the algorhythm is able to discover the music behind the voiceover. I think other tools like Shazam can do that or not? (well not for the RF market .. :( )

Tunesat discovers even though there are voiceovers and what not. It took almost my full trial period. Can’t remember the exact amount of days.

Synchrotron said

Tunesat discovers even though there are voiceovers and what not. It took almost my full trial period. Can’t remember the exact amount of days.

good to know, thanks! Then it's worth to wait before I judge... ;)

So can i upload watermarked stuff to this site?)

does it matter if the fingerprinted track is mp3 or wav?

I signed up last night, uploaded my best selling track (French Guitar Jazz), and this morning I found 7 uses of the track on TV, including on MTV2, FoxSports 2, NBA, CBS sports and Big Ten Network. Quite excited to find this out! :slight_smile:

AndySlatter said

I signed up last night, uploaded my best selling track (French Guitar Jazz), and this morning I found 7 uses of the track on TV, including on MTV2, FoxSports 2, NBA, CBS sports and Big Ten Network. Quite excited to find this out! :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s pretty awesome! congrats!