What's a good ratio between views and sales?

Hi everybody,

now that @MidnightSnap enlighted me :wink: I am giving a closer look at my items. I also have a non-exclusive account with about 30 items.

I wonder, what is a good views/sales ratio?

I am new to analytics but it seems to me that:

• items with a good ratio (let’s say 5 to 1, 2 to 1…you tell me please) need just more exposure,

whilst

• items with a bad ratio (let’s say 100 to 1…again, please let me know) are not good enough.

Please share your thoughts and experience.

Thank you

1 Like

I haven’t seen any patterns, but 1 to 1 would be nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t believe in bad ratios. If your item is online, there’s always a possibility you’ll make sale. And even one sale is income. If you listen to some of the best sellers, it becomes clear there is no exceptional quality requirement.

Edit: to prove my point, I just got a music mass reproduction licence on one tune that so far had only 3 sales and it has been in my portfolio for almost two years. Ratiowise, you could say it’s a horrible tune, but to me, one mass licence is better than deleted file.

8 Likes

Hi,

thank you both for your replies.

@OuranioRecordings Congrats for the big license! Please be clear that I never thought I could delete items with a bad ratio. My assessment aims toward better promotion of my existing items…let’s say that a track has 2-4 views per month, maybe I need to get more exposure in some way… does it make sense? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is an excellent question! I have often wondered the same thing. I see such a range of ratios in my portfolio, and sometimes the tracks with much higher views are getting a worse ratio than the ones with low views. But I think sometimes a track with higher views might be getting views from authors, not buyers.

2 Likes

When you have hundreds or thousand of items you don’t ask such questions, because you can go crazy analyzing one by one every of your item.

1 Like

In effect I listen to a lot of tracks for reference…you are absolutely right! :smiley: