What are Envato's plans for ThemeForest?

WordPress is not coming? So that we can plan our future :disappointed:

Surely WordPress will be there too. That’s not about the possibilities, that’s a fact.

1 Like

And what about the support. Who will provide support for this items? Authors for cents or…? I don’t think it will work for themes, plugins and codes.

1 Like

I don’t think support is included. There is no need to ask for support if you can simply download a similar item if the first one doesn’t work as intended.

Support isn’t necessary for a nonfunctional theme. We had clients that didn’t know how to change a theme’s color.

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end …

1 Like

@milothemes @devotchkah That’s why I think that it won’t work (for Envato). They will receive a lot of negative feedback about this. Or purchase separate support pack from authors? This model works only for items which doesn’t require support like design stuff, images, fonts, etc. Code without support? How? “Hey guys, buy this stuff for dirt cheap! You don’t know what to do? That’s your problem. It’s cheap, grab it now!!”. :slight_smile: Makes no sense imo.

Just noticed, on the first page of wordpress themes from 30 themes only 8 is above 50$, prices are dropping.

I’m sure in one or two years, when technology change, current themes get old, and when there will no longer be quality new themes (because nobody will bother to make quality for 10 dollars), there will again be raise in demand for good themes.

You know I’m with you!
They bought a theme and send the author a spec (which list the menu item, content changes…) and ask my team to do these for them as they expect to get that kind of support. lol

Yes, but tons of authors will have to turn off there service. Envato is totally non responsive, ADP has been running for some time now and we have absolute no feedback. Majority of authors as i see complain and themes prices fall, if you just check the first page of new WordPress themes only 9 out of 35 themes are above 50$. That is quite a massive drop and there is a lot of sales on the run for 17, 19$ for a week which have tons of downloads, meaning people do want ultra cheap premium themes (who wouldn’t). And i think the sweet spot is just under 20$ and the thing i mentioned tons of times is envato earns the same, eventually more because themes that usually sold 20 a week and now 50 or more bring envato more chaching :slight_smile:

I still am not sure why envato went this way. This is a yet one more attempt which with there predictions hit the wall despite our warnings.

Our earnings are dropping constantly and 2 themes stuck in queue for 26 days now. So marketing our themes and bringing visits does not work as visitors start surfing and searching cheaper themes and creating new themes and uploading them also does not work, as we cannot upload them in fashionable time. And to create a huge theme is a no no since current model cannot sustain us that long financially. Sooooo… off to trying to find another mean of income and once and we manage there by by Envato and fair well.

1 Like

You have answered your own question :smiley:

Less prices - more sales - more profit for Envato. Who cares about community of authors? Who cares that authors HAVE to lower the price to get some sales? Only authors do.

For me - sales dropped for 50% since HTML templates are available on Elements. But i’m pretty sure they have another statistics.

2 Likes

as always :slight_smile:

:neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

We haven’t noticed WordPress themes on Elemnts, just PSDs, fonts, HTML templates etc so FOR NOW it shouldn’t effect Themeforest.

WordPress themes are coming to Elements by end of this year. :cry:

Get ready!

Completely agree with you. We’re telling this from last years. While tried to raise voice Envato Made our Forum Post SPAM !!!

You’re right. I’m just trying to be optimistic.

Are you sure about this? Is there any source on this?

I wish Envato back 1 year ago :’(

2 Likes