Watermark on the video preview? It's a must?

Hi,

My first AE template project get soft rejected. 2 reasons;

1- File exceed
2- Video watermark.

File exceeds the problem that has been solved. Now I’m uploading the video again but not really sure if I’ll upload the video without watermark, it might get soft reject again? Because I have seen most of new projects uploaded in the last 1 week have no watermark on the preview video.

Create a Preview Video

Create an H.264 MP4 or FLV version of your video at 1920x1080 and overlay the VideoHive watermark when applicable. This will help prevent copyright breach and unauthorized use of your file.

Categories That Require Watermarked Preview Videos

• Stock Footage
  • Motion Graphics

Note: The watermark should be used exactly as it has been provided to you. Don’t alter it in any way, shape or form.

Details here:

1 Like

Thank you but After Effects template is count as motion graphics category? My product is animated device mockup.

Categories That Do Not Require Watermarked Preview Videos

• After Effects Project Files
  • After Effects Add Ons

If your reviewer focused on Watermarked Preview Videos then you have 2 options:

1. upload without watermark and tell reviewer that your item is After Effects. and ask them will you need Watermarked Preview Videos.
  2. upload with Watermarked Preview Videos

Thanks

1 Like

I think that there is a confusion here because I was soft rejected a couple of times receiving the following suggestion from the reviewer.

" Please be aware we have updated our watermarks. You can find the new Envato watermark on the Help Center [here](https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000473363). This means that all new item submissions and resubmissions from the the 14th of March onwards will need to use the new watermark in the preview. Items submitted using the old watermark, may be rejected. Read the full announcement post [here](https://forums.envato.com/t/new-envato-watermark-on-videohive/155631)."

My projects were after effects and not motion graphics.

1 Like

the part about the watermark is in every rejection mail. Just ignore it, I don’t know why they still include it in that mail, seems like the change has been long ago now…

1 Like

Thank you for that info.

1 Like

Stock footage requires a watermark? !!!

Yes, sure, it must have always watermark. Anyone could use your footage downloading the video preview if watermark wasn’t there.

But do I have to create the preview as before and place the watermark?
Doesn’t the system do it automatically?

They reject me almost everything, when before they accepted everything, and I am worried and disappointed…

About watermark, in After Effects projects (what I do) I have to place the watermark by myself if I think it’s necesary, but it’s not a must in that category and it’s not automatic.
About the reasons for rejection I can’t say much, those are the rules of the game for all of us. It’s frustrating but it is what it is.
Good luck!
Here you have a link with all the requirements to submit to Videohive. Stock Footage and Motion Graphics require watermark and it’s not automatic, you have to place watermark on your video preview:

if you upload your .MOV files via
Author.envato.com and choose Upload CLIPS it will be done automatically .
However, if you choose FTP - you will have to upload .zip files, and attach the watermark yourself.
For AE projects you won’t need a watermark for the preview.

entonces, tienes que subir tus archivos desde author.envato.com y elegir ‘upload clips’ para que sea automatico. :wink:
eso funciona solo por stock footage y motion graphics, para proyectos de AE no hace falta poner watermark. saludos!

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I knew something was up but I couldn’t understand it