Update: Hard reject, What do you think of this piece?

Today I finished this sad piano theme with adding the (real) solo violin on top. I would like to know what you think of it.

4 Likes

Really good work! Very sensual composition! GLWS)

1 Like

@MogwaliMusic Thank you very much!

Hi Humming,
very emotional piece, I like it! Have you uploaded on AJ? Congrats also to violinist! Bravo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Floberaudio Thanks! I will forward the congrats. Didn’t upload yet.

1 Like

это неповторимо!

it’s unique!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s in the queue now.

Sounds very beautiful! Loved it! Which piano vst did you use for this piece?

1 Like

Thanks @SongOfMoonchild for the nice comment. It’s a special piano from Pianoteq and I adapted it some more.

1 Like

Beautiful as always Hummingbird. If you ever decide to put your music on Spotify, please share the link. Your stuff is right up my street!

1 Like

Thank you very much @criskcracker. I’m blushing… I have one on spotify but didn’t make a real effort there. Maybe will post this one soon and see how it goes.

Just a hard reject today (30-10) with the general message. Can’t understand this. Real instruments, following all the rules, imo good production and sound, but still … Your opinion please!
@MogwaliMusic @SongOfMoonchild @alexanderpertsatin @Floberaudio @criskcracker

Hi! I don’t get why it was rejected. Sounds perfect for cinematic categorie… But actually i don’t have even 1 approved track on audiojungle, maybe other users will help you. Btw, i think of using POND5 for tracks that was rejected by audiojungle.

1 Like

Hi @Hummingbird-musicwor,

I’m very sorry for this rejection, this piece for me is perfect, very emotional and romantic and the production is very professional… I don’t know the reason for the decision of the reviewer, for my taste it’s a great composition with the great contribution of a real violin. It’s so sad, I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Beautiful piece! Peace! :wink:
well played and composed

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. From a listener’s perspective, I wouldn’t change a thing about it. Perhaps they would have preferred a smoother piano performance, but for me, the reflective piano timing is part of what makes the piece interesting.
Being accepted or rejected on Audio Jungle isn’t always a measure of artistic merit, as they are reviewing it based on how useful it could be for sync licencing into video projects, not necessarily on how good the music is to listen to.

If I think from a filmmaker’s point of view for a moment, what could make this music more useful in a video? When cutting together an emotionally purposed video, often a video editor is looking for music which can help tell the story. It’s often helpful that the music track goes from point A, to B via C and D etc. on an emotional level.
I hate to put your music into a box, but if I was to use this track in a video, I could see it fitting mainly into two categories. The first would be the “typical” (albeit cheesy) sombre, but inspirational promotional video. The second would be in a documentary-style video or film.
In the first instance, it would be tricky, because these kinds of videos typically work well with just one music track, and the emotional journey that I’m trying to create in the video is missing from the music track.
I think it could work nicely in a sad moment in a documentary film though, and I think Envato have missed an opportunity there.

Whilst I love your music, I don’t see this as a completely unwarranted rejection. If you are going to focus your energy into making music specifically for sync licencing, you might have more success if you have a project type, destination and a narrative in mind as you craft your tracks.

3 Likes

It’s a very strange rejection. Music is perfect and sound is great. May be it’s too good for Audiojungle?:crazy_face: I don’t see any other reasons for rejection.

1 Like