Two days without sales

What happens here. I`m write a ticket for some problem and sales stopped totaly!?

Two days?
Sorry, that’s nothing :wink:

There are people with decent WordPress portfolios who have no sales for WEEKS.

4 Likes

@Bedros It does not matter! I haven’t had a day without a sale - for two years!
In fact, I also sell my web templates much harder than flyers and others!
Given that web templates are my top priority and I put a lot of effort into it!

1 Like

Just letting you know: It’s going to be worse. Just sayin’.

@Bedros Hm… this is not good indeed… I hope that you not right

2 Likes

Well, in fact, authors could have easily dealt with a lot of things BUT with the changes that have been happening all over the place (envato), despite tons of complaints from authors (who MADE THIS PLACE WHAT IT IS in the first place) it is even pointless to promote your items elsewhere to attract some “buyers” because (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO) they see the ELEMENTS PROMOTIONS everywhere, even on our own products’ pages.

Well, in fact, in that context, “two days without sales” is a very good outcome, if you know what I mean.

I wonder what’s the point, in these circumstances, to spend months (in some cases even a year) to build a decent WordPress Theme to sell on Envato.

5 Likes

My friend I haven’t received any sales since 4 days!! :rage: :hot_face: :sweat: :pleading_face:

I think you are too panicked. You have only 4 items in your portfolio. This is not enough for Graphicriver to receive sales every day. I see that you are a novice author and your items have been downloaded recently. Maybe you didn’t know, but new items get more sales at the start, and then sales decrease. Here’s how it works. Work hard, fill your portfolio, and you will get more than one sale per day. Good luck! :wink:

3 Likes

@romlam
Wow, it’s awesome.
I am working hard to download new items to my portfolio to get a lot of sales.

Don’t panic. They killed the market with elements :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no point anymore. I worked on a theme 16 moths it was approved 2 moths ago and I have 17 sales :slight_smile:

I think Envato is sinking, and they do not really care as long as Elements is making profit…

Now this corona virus as well is causing a global mess, very hard times.

2 Likes

I think they’re probably doing just fine, with sales increasing year on year… although I’d guess their percentage increases on revenue are decreasing every year.

2 Likes

Most authors are unhappy with what is happening right now with Elements. They are saying si the future, is it really the future?

As a developer I know that a plugin without support is null, the web it too bugy.

For stock footage I agree is the future but who is losing the author, his work becomes trash, motivation is gone … a total mess.

5 Likes

Whether somebody likes it or not it is already PRESENT.

As for “sinking” Envato: there are so many variables that most of us can’t know to see the global picture.

But if to take number of items year by year so last 2 years market almost doubled number of items. Revenue just spreads across all authors and in this case low/mid-selling authors are affected the most. EE made its impact, but from my perspective drop on VH isn’t that big: 2017/2018/2019 earnings are the same on the market and with Elements I almost doubled my yearly income in 2019 compared to 2017/2018

If to take it short: demand is lower than supply - that’s it. And that difference is growing

4 Likes

^ This needs to be pinned or something

1 Like

I’m not sure how videohive marketplace goes but I don’t agree with “demand is lower than supply” on themeforest. Most theme authors have extraordinary brain power but 0 entrepreneurial skill. Of course if you’re doing the 10005th “lawyer theme” demand will be lower than supply lol. You need to actually go out there, research new industries, see what people need, go to facebook groups, see what people complain about. This is difficult to do when you treat theme development like a job and not like a business. There’s tremendous opportunity (still) on this marketplace. It baffles me really how you can invest so many hours and energy in a theme that’s going to be just like the other 1000 themes in that category.

1 Like

Correct - that’s why customers have choice now - they can choose one template on the market, pay for it 45 - 65 $ and have customer support, updates etc. Also Customer can pay for subscription and download 50 templates each without any support and updates so the problem with bugs / updates is on customer side.

peace! :slight_smile:

Ofc every market has its own balance, I was talking mainly about VH and market in average

hi my friend, sorry i had not seen your message in this category , how is going going now?

u maybe right , but in case u did not get it , there is even worst in prepare, if so! what do u think that “placeit” is for? apart from replacing authors by automated services given to buyers to replace authors on the more or less long run? fortunately at this stage there are enough buyers not to get into these unefficient and unfair services and not enough buyers and authors who get did not get into the minimalistic kind of works that are enabling it, as , when people get used - when kind of become the trend - to these creative-proof styles, then the door will be opened once and for good to have designers run unemployed and having to find new jobs!