Transfer license?

We thought we’ve done this in the past, but we purchased a license for a client and are not sure how to transfer the license to them. Any ideas?

Hi @springs19 ,

You can provide the purchase code to your client. So that they can use it as a license code. but purchased item future update download and author support will be valid only for the original purchaser account (in your case you are the original purchaser).

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @mgscoder ,

I am in the same situation, I have built a website and the client is moving the website elsewhere. I have the purchase code hooked up through the CMS, however you had mentioned they would not have access to download future theme updates. I read the following in the FAQ’s:

I’m a freelancer/agency. Can I use the item for an end product I’m doing for a client?
Yes. You’re essentially buying the file on your client’s behalf. Whether a regular or Extended License is needed will depend on your client’s use of the end product. With both the regular and Extended License you are allowed to charge your client for creating the End Product. Once you transfer the end product to the client (eg giving them source files for the item), be sure to link your client to our licenses and delete the item itself from your computer.

…Would you know how I would ‘…be sure to link your client to our licenses and delete the item itself from your computer’

That makes me think the client would then have full access. Is it possible to have the client create their own themeforest account and have the licence transferred to their account?

Thanks
Gavin

You cannot transfer between envato accounts.

Option 1: Client purchases the item and you work on their copy

Option 2: (assuming it is a workable format e.g. WP theme) you purchase the theme and then use the envato plugin to automate updates from within the admin. They will still not be able to manually download updates from Themeforest

1 Like

Hello @charlie4282

Brilliant, thanks for taking the time to confirm my options, greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gavin