This mess of a forum categories is not going to work...

it’s retarded, change it please

I have to agree, I’ve been totally demotivated to get involved in these new forums. They feel cold, sterile and unwelcoming. Maybe it’s about getting used to them and I’ll change my opinion in the future, but so far, zero interest in participating here, it’s just another bland-looking forum like many of the other RF sites.

1 Like

It is really confusing. So much colors, small spacings, too much useless informations with constant updates which really takes your attention of the message. The more I look the more confusing it is. At least bring back old categories where topics are filtered by the market, make bigger paddings on table rows and bring back normal pagination and it will already be better. Also you can put creator and latest responder to the left side like it was on old forum since people easier remember images then text so they will easier know what topic was about.

Regards.

2 Likes

Can we get an official response on this matter? I can’t find the button for that on the new forum.

Why is there nothing on the right sidebar? Once you go to a topic you can only go back (as long as you don’t scroll all the way to the bottom through all the topics messages). There should be some info in the ride.

u are right that’s what all guys reproach indeed and i tend to believe that if there were not that big main issue, then peole would be satisfied with the new forums which bring good things to the table , when we except the organization …

there is nt , it looks like that u have to press the picture of admin or other staff members on the top of the topic, where they should normally appear according to what i have understood …

the problem is that there was no middle way and we had to go through a big step all at a time, a progressive evolution toward this wold have been welcome , even if , no matter if there’s evolution or not, the organization is not efficient for what the whole of us have to do …

some guys seem to like it … now a lot complain , not about the forum as a whole but about the organization so the only thing that they really need to do , is to bring back categories and makes the architecture easier so that this is easier to use for people …

at least the organization of it … for the rest u get used but this is hard to deal with …

I’m finding the forums MUCH better after going into the new categories (e.g. Project Feedback / Looking For) and choosing the “Muted” option.

This has made the main forum thread MUCH more interesting and taken out a lot of the mess.

Hopefully the discourse devs will make a way for us to “mute” certain tags as well, so we don’t have to view individual tag by tag (because there is no view by multiple tags feature as well).

according to what i could see, when they set something , whether u like it or not this is here to stay … besides how can u explain that they do promote the new forums in a newsletter when a whole lot of uys complain about it …

I didn’t like the new layout when I first saw it either but I’m actually use to it now and I can see the advantages. I don’t know that it particularly favors buyers who are new to this site, but one advantage is that it’s a lot easier to reach out to more people, especially in different platforms. So now, if you want feedback on something there’s a lot more people who can see it and help you. If you want to post in multiple markets, you don’t have to duplicate the same post over and over again, just make one thread and everyone can see it.
The other advantage is that the other forums aren’t so loathsome anymore. In my experience whenever I tried to ask anything in other forums like on Graphic River or 3D Ocean or CodeCanyon, it was terrible. People weren’t very friendly and it took days and days to get a comment or at least a half decent one. Now, the positivity of AJ has spread to all the other market places and everyone’s topics have friendly comments.

Day 514: Still hate the new forum.

1 Like

Haha its been less than 2 months… but I agree, still not really a fan of these forums, although some features are pretty cool like the notifications.

1 Like

That’s the only thing I actually use here. Notifications. I subscribed to the official Envato announcements category and I only follow that. I never browse the home page, because it is cluttered with too much unnecessary info.

But hey, if others like it, who am I to complain, eh? :slight_smile:

You know what, why doesn’t Envato just allow people to organize the forums how they want? 2 months and I didn’t even notice the “categories” option which seems to be a recurring problem on Envato (make text bigger???). If people want to only see AJ stuff, let them see AJ stuff. If people only want to see feedback stuff, let them see feedback stuff.

1 Like

hi PPLLC, i personally don’t think that so many buyers have any business whatsoever here anyway as let’s face it apart from a few isolated cases, you scarcely see any of them here, unless they are also authors, obviously … . They can even come occasionally to complain about something difficult for them to buy, they can come here either to complaint about an item or to ask for an advice about something that they have bought and have trouble to deal with or to ask for a freelancer to get a job done, or to make a partnership or hire someone , but , in almost cases, they open their own thread and i am almost sure that, especially with the new organization of the forums, that they do not spend any time at all unless they really have a purpose in mind and they do not visit the threads opened … . So , basically i don’t manage to identify how it could help to sell this “new formula”. Now, that’s right they have more interaction with other places and they put all marketplaces altogether and this we may like it or not. i personally like the idea of haven all marketplaces having more interactions , but the problem is not this indeed, the problem is that the organization of the new forums has pushes a great deal of guys away from it and that even if u are using it for long and on regular basis, this is still difficult to handle, to find what u are looking and also not to lose some time reaching the topics that u are interested in , which proves by actual test that there are some things to embetter to ay the least.

I am also sorry, but i somehow someway have to disagree and as someone who is using these forums very often , i can tell you that no there aren’t more people to help in away. Let’s face it , in some threads u are right now, here’s what happens, u have maybe an equal number of answers but the composition of respondents is different and part of it is less qualified for an efficient and professional answer … . . I personally know that as i tried to help in AJ things for instance and try to tell what i think about some rejected music tracks when i don’t have the required expertise about … . Now, this maybe interested for the concern people to have the view of someone “normal”, maybe lie some potential buyers, but let’s face it , for a guy like me with bio skills regarding music, , this is harder to help, u can point at something that u feel wrong, which is helping out but u cannot bring solutions to the table … . Apart from that, i can tell you that in GR and i think that’s not the only forum like this, the attending authors are less numerous … which is making the whole community get together so to speak and also dividing the community and marketplace on the other hand as it made many people fly away from the forums , too.

as for what u mentioned, i personally do not think that anyone has ever duplicated messages from marketplace to marketplace and that thus is was not the idea and not helpful in this side …

i also wanted to tell you that , if they had really been wiling all people to see the threads opened, then they should have prevented themselves to introduce tags … because the fact of the matter is that many people not only use filters , but some others also just have a look at some tags and if this is not one potentially introducing for them, then they just do not get to go to see the content , what is said

wow, we do not really have the same experience then, i used to attend GR forums and the bottom line is that exceptions from a few isolated exceptions , people were helped and they were gracefully helped in addition and , and as for the treatment of your requirement for help or whatever , i don’t manage to figure out how the the new forum ale could have changed something as basically u have less people attending and very often the same guys who used to be there … so , as a conclusion, except if they had a magic wand and used it on all, i don’t how they could have transformed people from not good to good … If u are basing what u are saying on something very isolated , then u are right , u can still find some one not good doing something thus basically not good, now what i can tell you by experience and by using much this “tool”, i can tell you that the greta majority of guys are not only nice, ready to help , but also dedicating some time to make the community come true indeed … and i do not think that the comment that u made is a great reward for them to either spend sme time to help but also to thin about others …

well as for taking days to have answers, just have a quick look at some threads and u’ll realize that nothing has changed … some guys have been waiting for long and still no answer and some guys did only get some answered because the usual attendants are providing them with replies, so in short what is the benefit of the new forums for all that …

i think that there are great ideas about it , and some very good features and so on, but i think that also misleading ourselves to somehow someway find some incredible virtues that doesn’t exist , when the previous one at least as many of them … we have to be honest all the way and i tell you with pure honesty as i using this one very often , i like it in a general way , especially the gathering, especially the notifications, and some other things but , let’s be honest all the way, the organization needs some adjustments and needs to be embettered so that some guys come back …

it looks like that u can with filters , the problem is that they have many cross subjects also now … and not only have one tags, but potentially several which makes it hard to “categorize”

i guess that u ask, all will tell you the same, there are good new features and a good base to work on, now, i would take a bit more work organization wise so that they can have people really satisfied with these forums …