The Sales Monitor 2

It helped me to track the most visited pirate links because they use a link from videohive as demo.

Hi. Sorry I ask. But how do you use Yandex Metrics? I signed in with google account and then pasted, for example, my pĆ²rtfolio web address. Here is where I donĀ“t know what to do: ā€œInsert the code snippet in the HTML code of all the siteā€™s pages. Place the snippet inside the or tags, as close to the top of the page as possible. This allows it to load faster so that it can send data to Yandex.Metrica even if the user closes the page right away.
If you change the tag settings after installing the code snippet on the site, you must update the snippet on all the pages.ā€ What should I do here? Could you help me please? Is there a way to automatically see data on the Yandex app in my smartphone?

Code insertion should be the same like with GA. The video playback is called (at least earlier) WebVisor.
Not sure if this will work on your smartphone (as dimensions of video player comes as natural user screen dimensions). For example if someone come with smartphone on your profile, video player size will be exactly as his screen pixels. (even to track mobile users is bit tricky, as they just click, and do not make any mouse interactions).

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info!! :+1:

May has started pretty well

Yup, great start for me as well :+1:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry. Everybody will get their reports before 16 May. There were months when we got reports on 13 - 15 day.
PS: Also itā€™s weekend, so may be report will be ready on Monday.

Only 1 sale in this month, CRAZY!

3days withouta sale

Sales this month are a disaster. And IĀ“m not talking just about me. IĀ“m trying to follow other authors to see how fast they get sales and is terribly slow. Now we are getting to this common factor of slow or no sales at all. This wasnĀ“t happening a couple of month ago. IĀ“m trying to make other projects but motivation is almost zero taking into consideration actual situation. Really bad, not just for me as I can see. There are many many Elite Authors level 7, 8, 9, that publish new items and they donĀ“t get sales or just 1 or 2 and a small number of comments. Not much to say.

Still earlier items are selling quite well. As for new ones - itā€™s obvious problem. Iā€™ve uploaded one item recently, it got 2 sales. But I send it to elements almost immediately. And now I can freely wait and see what will happen next.

Btw, this week has started good as well for me

This good start that you say, I imagine is because older items. So, for Elite authors like you, what is the motivation to make more new projects and not getting sales?
So, we come to another thread here: Envato Elements: Worth for VH Authors? Even more than this sinking market?

Iā€™ve already answered in my previous post =)

Also, I saw some projects who made 30+ sales in a first month during experiment, so there is a possibility. But anyway during experiment I can let myself not to publish anything and wait till the end of it to make a decision. If you donā€™t have such a choice - you always have others. I think itā€™s pretty clear that Envato will lead their experiments to the end in any way, so we all have just wait or take other choices.

Yeah, thatĀ“s for sure my friend

So what will answer ā€œyesā€ or answer ā€œnoā€ bring to you?

For me definitely - ā€œyesā€

Ok. Just data to know different situations from different authors to make some personal evaluation and see what I will do. Personally, I love design and making new projects and interacting with authors from all over the world. So I guess (just guessing) I will stay here. I had a new item during the experiment that made 25 sales in a short period of time, but is not the general rule nowadays.

Waiting is fine, but what experiment? There is no experiment going on in videohive right now. The new sorting is not an experiment. It has been an experiment few weeks ago, now it is the outcome of that experiment.

We all have to wait now for the next experiment where they might try something else in the category pages again, make the sorting options more visible or have a whole new category page.

I see many authors talking about the current ā€œexperimentā€ while there is none. Makes this forum really confusing.

1 Like

But trying ā€œthisā€ and then trying ā€œsomething elseā€ later, is it not experimenting? There is no communication about the end of this as it was when all began. This is the real confusion

Ok, for sake of specific terms letā€™s call all this market situation: ā€œSeries of Experimentsā€, ā€œDefault Sorting Testā€ or any other common name.

As I remember results of these tests (experiments) will be applied to the whole market, James mentioned this if Iā€™m not wrong.

And yes, specifically on VH there is best sellers by default with no other a/b/c/d and it only MIGHT change to other option but we donā€™t know when.

But Iā€™m pretty sure someday Category page will be same for most of markets.

To sum everything up: 100% that whining and constant discussion wonā€™t help here but taking other choices might help, so this way I will probably act

2 Likes

Guess it depends. If I buy a new car today, and keep it for 5 years, then I crash it into a wall and buy a new car after that, was the car then just an experiment or test to me?
Or was it a definitive decision?

Current sorting is a decision, not a test. It has been a test some weeks ago, and after that test showed a 5% higher conversion with best selling as default sort, envato decided to make that the new ā€œnormalā€.

Here is the post that introduced the new (defintive) sorting:

Note that the term ā€œover the next weekā€ does not mean ā€œduring the next weekā€, it just says when they will switch this on, not that it will only be periodically.

Envato staff have said ā€œBest Sellers default sorting is not here to stay foreverā€, which is surely correct, but didnā€™t mean that they will go back to newest items ever. They will rather do something completely different with the category pages but even that is not sure.

So if you say my car that I for sure will not keep forever is just me experimenting with it, then yes, this is just an experiment.
We can all wait for the new bought car to crash so that we have to buy a new one. But how long that will take, we will see.

As long as envato sees higher conversions (car is not crashing), they will stay with the current status quo. So waiting for things to change is maybe not the best optionā€¦

This sounds reasonable :slight_smile:

1 Like