The Earnings Report closing and features that authors need.

Hi all :wave: @Lage-Day @HardEdgeie @envalab @Odin_Design @RedOctopus @secondfalseiteration

Thank you all for the great feedback, we did a bunch of research prior to making the decision to close off the Earnings Report, and want to give some reassurances that we’re going to make sure that it is as undisruptive as possible, and adding value along the way when migrating features.

First I’ll share another response here that captures some of what I’m about to cover:

One of the features we’re currently developing and getting ready to put out before the cutover date for the reports; is a high-level summary on the Envato Author Dashboard, that allows you to see your month to date earnings clearly. This will be similar to what you have today in the Earnings Report and we understand that this is an important feature that needs to be replicated, as it is many authors’ morning routines to check this data.

Second thing we are looking to do is add a calendar month filter for the Top Earning Items table in the Envato Author Dashboard, to transform it closer to the Earnings By Items model.

We are also investigating the feasibility of all-time and more custom dates for these more granular reports, however, in the spirit of transparency, we have encountered some issues with performance due to the sheer volume of data that is needing to be calculated to make that a reality.

I just wanted to take a moment to reassure you that the teams delivering you the dashboard are working hard to make sure we provide you with the most valuable tool possible and your success is our #1 goal.

Thank you all for your patience and guidance through this process.

Jimmy

5 Likes