Tell us which Studio Monitors do you use?

Adam F7/ Yamaha HS-50M (4 users)/ Yamaha NS10M (4 users)/ Auratone 5c Cubes / Event 20/20/ Behringer Truth 203A (3 users)/ Tannoy 601a/ Adam a8/ Even TR8/ Adam F5/ JBL LSR305/ Alesis M1 Active Mk2 (2 users)/ M-Audio BX8 D2/ Yamaha msp7/ Tannoy Reveal 501/ PMC/ ADAM A7X (3 users)/ Event Electronics ASP6/ Avantone Mixcube/ Adam A8X/ Mackie MR5 MKII/ Samson Resolv SE6/ Adam A77X/ Event 20/20 / CT227 XT/ Yamaha HS80M (3 users)/ Behringer MS20/ Neumann KH120/ Barefoot Micromain 27/ Genelec 1032B/ KRK VXT8/ Alesis M1Active 320 USB/ Adam p33a/Focal ccms65/KRK Rockit 5 (3 users)/M-Audio BX5 D2/Yamaha msp5/JBL 4412A/Adam p22a/genelec 8020a/Genelec 8050A/Genelec 8030a/KRK Rockit 6/PMC TB2/PMC DB1/Prodipe Pro 6/

A lot of Genelec, KRK, Adam and Yamahaā€™s :slight_smile:

Eve Audio SC 207ā€¦but i see no love around here!

ArchaicMusic said

Eve Audio SC 207ā€¦but i see no love around here!

Interesting. I didnā€™t know about these speakers so I googled them and at first I thought they are Adams because of the Ribbon Tweeter:

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/EVE-audio-SC207-2-Way-7-Active-Studio-Monitor/art-REC0009933-000#FullDetails

I can see they are in Adam A7x price range. Have you compared them?

Hi, I use M-Audio BX8 and BX5.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

But after when I will get richer I would like to buy ā€œQuestedā€ Monitors ( http://www.quested.com ) These are High-End monitors used also by Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky and many other Hollywood composers.

@Spacemusic

Well actually, I was working with Adam A7x before and i used to like them a lot. I did not own them personally though, if i did, Iā€™m not sure if i would have felt the need to replace them.

About Eve now! The actual story is that the ADAM CEO left and started his own brand called EVE. Quite funny right? :slight_smile: And this happened lightning fast, there must have been a ā€˜disagreementā€™ inside ADAM, because immediately after he left and created EVE, 4 series of studio monitors (2-way 3-way 4-way and subs) appeared out of nowhere! So the whole ā€˜product designā€™ process must have finished long beforeā€¦

Anyways, I was working at a music technology distributor at the time, and we approached EVE to send as the SC205 and SC207 in order to test them and get the distribution. And we did. Immediately! They are amazing monitors, smooth and detailed, and quite different from ADAM actually, despite the look.

We love KRK Rokit 8 and Yamaha ns 10 and Event 20/20

NS10ā€™s all the way

ArchaicMusic said

@Spacemusic

Well actually, I was working with Adam A7x before and i used to like them a lot. I did not own them personally though, if i did, Iā€™m not sure if i would have felt the need to replace them.

About Eve now! The actual story is that the ADAM CEO left and started his own brand called EVE. Quite funny right? :slight_smile: And this happened lightning fast, there must have been a ā€˜disagreementā€™ inside ADAM, because immediately after he left and created EVE, 4 series of studio monitors (2-way 3-way 4-way and subs) appeared out of nowhere! So the whole ā€˜product designā€™ process must have finished long beforeā€¦

Anyways, I was working at a music technology distributor at the time, and we approached EVE to send as the SC205 and SC207 in order to test them and get the distribution. And we did. Immediately! They are amazing monitors, smooth and detailed, and quite different from ADAM actually, despite the look.

Wow, thatā€™s interesting. eve using same tweeters as adam? How they sound in comparison to ADAM a series? i love my a8x to be honest, but maybe that EVE even betterā€¦

MarkMarker said
ArchaicMusic said

@Spacemusic

Wow, thatā€™s interesting. eve using same tweeters as adam? How they sound in comparison to ADAM a series? i love my a8x to be honest, but maybe that EVE even betterā€¦

Hey MarkMarker!
Sorry for the late response, I havenā€™t been around for a while!

EVEā€™s tweeters are really different from ADAMā€™s, at least soundwise. A7Xā€™s high frequencies seemed to be ā€˜in-your-faceā€™ while the EVEs appear to be smoother but without sacrificing any clarity. Note that Iā€™ve never listened to A8X, Iā€™ve only heard A7, A7X and A77X.

Regards
Phil

Presonus Eris E8. Really cool :slight_smile:
!http://www.presonus.com/uploads/products/3682/mediabar/1/mediabar32.jpg!

Just bought Yamaha MSP 5 Studio. Choosed between KRK Rokit 5 and 8 inch, Yamaha HS8 and these. After comparison MSP 5 seems to have more clear, clean and detailed sound. KRK Rokit have not enough highs and not that flat frequency response as MSP 5. So I`m happy with purchase :slight_smile:
Yamaha MSP5 Studio

Yamaha HS-5M. Often thought about moving to the 8 inch model but I know these well so why change.

Iā€™ve been using Focal Solo6 Be pretty much exclusively for about 5 years now. I still have a set of NS-10ā€™s that I bought new in the mid 90ā€™s, but they donā€™t get much use these days.

At the end of the day, whatever works best for youā€¦is the best speaker! :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s my current setup.

!https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97792296/AudioJungle/hotness.jpg!

Iā€™m hoping to make enough sales to upgrade this year!

MusicBoxStudios said

Hereā€™s my current setup.

!https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97792296/AudioJungle/hotness.jpg!

Iā€™m hoping to make enough sales to upgrade this year!

Hey your setup is already amazing, think twice before upgrade :smiley:

AudioTrend said

Hey your setup is already amazing, think twice before upgrade :smiley:

Yeah no doubt! Appreciate it bro! What I like the most is being able to mix on the go! Nothing worse than being stuck in the studio! It kills my creative juices! I like being able to head to the store and buy some of that ā€œcreative juiceā€ while I work on hits!

JBL LSR 305.

Theyā€™ll never compete with the big boys, but in their price range theyā€™re really, really impressive.

I use N-monitors. This is a small Russian company which produces hand-made studio monitors in a very low-volume way. Thatā€™s why their quality is extremely high. They sound better, than everything in <2000$ segment. Yeap, they sound better, than Adam. Much better.

This is the model N-200P, 8-inch.

The amplifier is Audio Force MA-200. Chinese, still very decent. Moreover, it was tweaked: all the capacitors were enhanced, the transistors were resoldered to Toshiba, the fan was changed to a silent ā€œNoctuaā€.

P.S. sorry, I gonna sleep now, if any questions - dont hesitate to ask pls)

Congrats on your upgrade! I was happy to buy Equator D5 last summer before the ruble collapsed. Using them with my all time favourite Sennheiser HD 280 PRO. To be honest, the sound was just like I expected it to be. The most noticeable quality leap was when I replaced my generic soundcard with Roland Quad Capture - thatā€™s when I heard every little detail possible for the first time. Since then Iā€™ve been a firm believer your Audio Interface plays the key role in uncovering all the potential of your gear.

Yamaha HS80m. :slight_smile: