Tell us which Studio Monitors do you use?

CuttingEdgeSync said

I use focal cms65’s and wouldn’t use anything else
Just an amazing pair of monitors

Yes, those are excellent! I use them, too. Very transparent speakers.

Yamaha msp5 and quite happy with these monitors. :slight_smile:

Yamaha NS-10M Studio and JBL 4412A Studio Monitor

DoubleLion said
bdProductions said

Which one are the Yamahas that sound like crap if your mix isn’t perfect?

That's the legend about Yamaha NS10M.

Thanks, Lion!

BiG_Cloud said

macbook pro built in speakers for tracking/mixing and iphone headphones for mastering.

made me chuckle :stuck_out_tongue:

Yamaha HS80M :slight_smile:

Adam F7/ Yamaha HS-50M (2 users)/ Yamaha NS10M (3 users)/ Auratone 5c Cubes / Event 20/20/ Behringer Truth 203A (3 users)/ Tannoy 601a/ Adam a8/ Even TR8/ Adam F5/ JBL LSR305/ Alesis M1 Active Mk2 (2 users)/ M-Audio BX8 D2/ Yamaha msp7/ Tannoy Reveal 501/ PMC/ ADAM A7X (2 users)/ Event Electronics ASP6/ Avantone Mixcube/ Adam A8X/ Mackie MR5 MKII/ Samson Resolv SE6/ Adam audio A77X/ Event 20/20 / CT227 XT/ Yamaha HS80M (2 users)/ Behringer MS20/ Neumann KH120/ Barefoot Micromain 27/ Genelec 1032B/ KRK VXT8/ Alesis M1Active 320 USB/ Adam p33a/Focal ccms65/KRK Rockit 5/M-Audio BX5 D2/Yamaha msp5/JBL 4412A

Sorry, but Yamaha HS50M already 3 users. I’m one of them! :slight_smile:

Adam p22a

Krk Rokit 5 - Love them ! :slight_smile:

I use a pair of genelec 8020a with 7050b sub.
The only really flat sounding set below 2000 us.
Now I’m saving for professional room adaptation.

Adam A7X

Genelec 8050A & Yamaha NS-10 :slight_smile:

Genelec 8030a’s with a 7050b sub for tracking and mixing, i usually keep the sub off during most of my mix downs. I also tend to use my UE7 in ears and some cheap computer monitors to help me get a good balance on how the mix sounds.

Yamaha HS50M and HS80M. Id like some NS10’s

Using KRK Rockit 6. Great sounding monitors for the price, but really more efficient since i worked/invested on setting up the acoustic and isolation of my mixing room. I get way more from the monitors since then. Huge difference.

KRK Rookit 5, but mostly working with my Beyerdynamic DT 770 250ohm headphones

PMC TB2s, but recently acquired PMC DB1-a which work better in my not so good (but getting better) room. Most composition gets done on Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones though.

Someone mentioned the problem of is it worth the money… I say yes, it is not because they sound better it is that you work quicker. I find it to be true with most of high-quality gear. More “ifs” you take out of your workflow and signal path, less time and energy you need to spend on making it sound better and fixing things.
That does not mean that you can not make great stuff on anything else, it just means it makes life easier.
Cheers!

necrise85 said

I use a pair of genelec 8020a with 7050b sub.
The only really flat sounding set below 2000 us.
Now I’m saving for professional room adaptation.

Good choice! I’m rocking the 1032Bs at the minute. Had a little spare cash to upgrade from the 8000 series (8040a i think they were). Certainly one of the finest brands out there right now for good-top end monitoring!

I’m using Genelec Monitors. Sounds really good!