ADAM A7X vs NEUMANN KH 120 A

Hi guys!
I need a pair of monitors and i cannot decide which one is better…maybe the owners can share some opinions? Other options ?

I’d go for the Neumanns. :slight_smile:

Hi,
I use Adam’s A7X and love them, very ‘truthful’ sound! Never heard the sound of ‘‘NEUMANN KH 120 A’’ so I will not tell you not to think about it. But for sure Adams are really worth having and I would recommend it:)

Regards,

B.

I’d guess that everyone who has the Adam’s will say buy the A7s, and everyone who has the Neumann’s will say the KH120s. So…. buy the Neumann’s! :smiley:

But seriously, maybe find a dealer that will let you try out both pairs (preferably at your home/studio) before making a decision.

stardiva said

I’d guess that everyone who has the Adam’s will say buy the A7s, and everyone who has the Neumann’s will say the KH120s. So…. buy the Neumann’s! :smiley:

But seriously, maybe find a dealer that will let you try out both pairs (preferably at your home/studio) before making a decision.

This!

We all hear in a different way, work in different acoustic spaces and have different tastes.

I personally preferred Adam5 to Focal CSM50 as a nearfield monitor but probably the most would have choosen Focal. They also offered the same price for both (being them my friends and Focal’s distributors) but my ears decided.

They let me bring both pair to my studio (final contenders to a test taken in the shop) and I did blind tests for a couple of hours.

Said that some older Adam model had problems in the bass port; if you mix heavy bass music a test is essential…

Same for bigger one (I have Event Opals).

EdC_arts said
stardiva said

Said that some older Adam model had problems in the bass port; if you mix heavy bass music a test is essential…

(I have Event Opals).

This issue was in A7X model only as I recall. Adam audio ‘re-engineered’ and fix it. It’s ok now. I remember asking Thomann dealer for certain serial number of speakers which i knew were already fixed:)

I’ll go for neumann. I’ve listened Adam’s few speakers. I don’t for me. I don’t like their sound

+1 for the Neumanns

I don’t know about the Neumanns, but Adam A7X’s are amazing. The sound quality is perfect.

I’d also +1 the Neumanns, but have not heard the Adams so my suggestion is meaningless when it comes to a comparison. Stardiva makes a good point - people will recommend what they have (especially if a lot of money was laid out)!

I didn’t have an opportunity to try before buying, so I spent something like a year researching them as well as others in that price range. It seemed that consistently the owners of the Neumanns were very happy, whereas there were a few reviews (very few) of people who didn’t care for the Adams. At the same time, the KH120s were a pretty recent addition to the Neumann line when I was looking, so not as many people had a chance to hear and review them at that point.

I can say that they were a night and day difference to my previous speakers (Mackie MR5s, which are also fine for the money), just a huge leap up in clarity, detail and balance. But I’ve also heard people gush about the Adams.

Either is a well respected brand, and I don’t think you’d regret the purchase whichever way you went.

SecondaryMood said

Hi guys!
I need a pair of monitors and i cannot decide which one is better…maybe the owners can share some opinions? Other options ?

bestt is to ask the dealer of your trust to give you both pairs for the weekend, take them into your studio and do a one to one comparison in your own walls.

I can recommend the Neumanns as I personally use them, but every ear is different:)

Thank you for your replies,guys! Although I never listened to them, something, I do not know why, pushing me towards Neumann. And I hope I’m not mistaken.

Don’t know about Adams but I listened Neumanns KH 120 and Focal CMS 65 side by side and preferred Neumanns (more detailed, more natural sound).

Don’t forget about the “Genelecs” :slight_smile: