Song just rejected - What do you think needs to improve?

Hi again kind people!

I just wanted to let you know I made an action list of all the points you brought up and ticked them off one by one. My rejections are adding up and I am constantly dusting myself off…, but learning like this is great.

@anon6362033, if you mean the arrangement is a bit strange I noticed that as well now :slight_smile: What is meant with spatial processing by the way?

@frozenjazz, I reversed the ringing out chords at the end of the song for the beginning, but now took them out in the beginning. It is a bit of a pretty overused effect in many songs, I agree.

@MusicLFiles and @OceansAudio also big thanks to you for your previous feedback.

Here is the final version:

https://app.box.com/s/euz9llqfkyufltb2kig51ny465lh9c9n

I know I cant submit it again, but as you said it was a good exercise. I hope its better. In any case, its time to move on with my 20 other half-baked songs :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Calle

You cannot submit the same track again… but if you change something like progression… or some instruments… it’s a different composition… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spatial processing is the use of a reverb and a delay in a track.

The modified track is also not ready. The instruments do not sound organic, not as living.

One of the important tips that experienced musicians give to beginning musicians is to listen to a lot of quality music with live instruments.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have actually played a couple of hundred live gigs throughout the years since the age of 14…, but I guess I was playing around with new VSTs a bit too much in this one :slight_smile: Time to move with a clean sheet.

Hey!! Your track is so much better now!! Excellent work and attitude on this!!

1 Like

Hey, the new version is way better. There is still something that is not quite right, not sure what exactly, but it is something with the mixing and the reverb and the panning, for example around 1:20 with the piano strangely panned hard right and hard left.

I guess it must be somehow frustrating for you, having played “live” so much!! But you are on the right track, you just should listen and listen again to the “top sellers” to try to get what is different with their mixes…

Thanks! Trying to stay objective about my own work even though its hard sometimes. You invest so much time, but its a long game right…

1 Like

Well! I guess I know, but I am blind for everything about that song now. To me its history, so I let this one RIP in favor of new endeavors :smiley:

Thanks again so much!

I would be proud my friend, you listened to peoples opinion and made some great changes all in 24/48 hrs. It’s a long game but, theres no rush, just enjoy it, your in a hugely privileged position that you are able to focus on this full time. So just have fun, make small improvements and steps forward everyday, that’s it. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks for your encouragement and kind words. It means a lot! I keep going :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, yesterday I got to increase my AJ catalog by 50% (!), which means I now have three songs for sale. So, there is nothing wrong with the system at least :laughing:

The last song, however, seems to be priced at 15 $, which probably means its ok, but not great :slight_smile:

Good job on the track Carl. On first listen, the Cajon felt off in the mix. Timing wise. I believe the other input addressed the other things I heard. Great potential for commercial video.

Cheers,
Mervin

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate it!

На фоне этой музыке не будет ни какой возможности говорить. Диапазон голоса заполнен ярко звучащими инструментами и, что бы услышать речь, нужно будет очень сильно глушить музыку. Это плохо для видео и такой трек не купят. Но, мелодия очень хороша. Можно сделать сведение заново, что бы середина (диапазон средних частот) были мягкими и комфортными, что бы голос (как, например, голос диктора в документальном кино) мог звучать понятно и разборчиво, и музыка его не маскировала.

Благодарим вас за отзыв. Я буду думать об этом в будущем. Тем не менее, песни могут не всегда воспроизводить голос, но это, вероятно, то, что вы, вероятно, думаете.

С уважением

Дело в том, что: цель коммерческой музыки - это музыкальное оформление видео, или события … В видео, часто, есть и другие звуки, кроме музыки. Очень часто музыка звучит фоном, а на переднем плане голос человека. Поэтому очень важно, что бы музыка не мешала восприятию голоса.

Point taken! Thanks.

I am a buyer not a musician so forgive my improper way of saying this. First - it was happy bright and beautiful - I like that a lot! Perhaps tone down or remove the repetitive singular higher piano note I keep hearing. For me I would want the over all track to allow for voice over and the piece is mostly too strong to allow for that. But it is nice music so KEEP GOING! I look forward to hearing new things from you!

Don’t worry, the price set is only because of the duration of the song! > 2minutes would be $19, less than that and it is $15… Nothing to do with quality!

Happy to see you are expanding your catalog!

What a beginners mistake. So, if I would have let the guitars ring out 1 second more that would have increased earnings with 25% :slight_smile: