Unfortunately for the customer, “the theme is not what i was expecting” is not a viable argument for requesting a refund.
It clearly states that in the refund policy:
Neither Envato nor authors are obliged to give policy refunds in any of the situations listed below.
- You don’t want it after you’ve downloaded it
- The item did not meet your expectations or you feel the item is of low quality
- You simply change your mind
- You bought an item by mistake
- You do not have sufficient expertise to use the item
- You claim that you are entitled to a refund but do not provide sufficient information as to why you are entitled to a refund
- You can no longer access the item because it has been removed or the author who previously provided the item is no longer active on our platform (we advise you to download items as soon as you have purchased them to avoid this situation).
Now I can understand your frustration with the comments or with a possible bad review, however due to the fact that the customer doesn’t have a solid reason for requesting a refund, and taking into consideration the fact that you, as an author, did everything by the book and maintained a professional attitude while dealing with your customer, Envato can help you by removing the rating and the comment.
Threatening an author with bad comments and bad reviews never ends up well for the customers and you should not be afraid to reject a refund for those reasons.
If you want to decline his refund request, you can politely invite the customer to raise a dispute with Envato and they will take over this issue.
The choice is yours but I strongly recommend you follow Envato’s policies.