Is this valid reason for refund?

Hello, i am selling opencart theme. and my buyer ask me refund after a week of purchase.
and refund reason is

“We decide to not use the opencart commerce system. Is it possible to get a refund?”

He does not have any complaints about my theme so is that valid reason to give refund or i should reject refund request

2 Likes

It is up to you but you can reject refund request because the customer has changed his mind - that is not related with your theme.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. normally i approve refund because afraid of bad review

Neither Envato nor authors are obliged to give policy refunds in any of the situations listed below.

• You don’t want it after you’ve downloaded it
  • The item did not meet your expectations or you feel the item is of low quality
  • You simply change your mind
  • You bought an item by mistake
  • You do not have sufficient expertise to use the item
  • You claim that you are entitled to a refund but do not provide sufficient information as to why you are entitled to a refund
  • You can no longer access the item because it has been removed or the author who previously provided the item is no longer active on our platform (we advise you to download items as soon as you have purchased them to avoid this situation).

Version 1.1 - Effective date: May 2019.

Yes @CocoBasic right refund up you.
No worry about review author support team investigate and give you solution if someone left a bad review on your item just open a author help center ticket

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I decided now to not give refund on this reason and even buyer already downloaded theme

• After item download any of buyer don’t deserver refund even if he purchase mistakenly

And if you get bad review, get in touch with Envato help center. Given the circumstances, they will remove the review.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for info

Hi, This theme is works with license ? or Without license also works ? Based on this you can decide? In case works with license then i suggest you can approve refund.

Theme is fully open source and anyone can easily install and use if they get files. so even if i approve refund, buyer can use theme

I suggest you can reject the refund.

It was true that theme work with license but now a days new api system could be stop that but that guy/purchaser got the file.

In my opinion, you should reject the request to refund

Envato rules

Unfortunately after you’ve downloaded the package, we cannot give you refund. Please check the refund policy here :

I reject that type of refund requests. Because, it’s customer’s decision. There’s not an issue on the item who bought.

If s/he gives bad review, I write the below link to removal of that review and Envato stuff removes it within 1-2 days:

I select “My Items and Uploads”. Then “I need help with a rating or review from a customer”.

2 Likes