Serious Problems - Product cancellation - Distribution of my product without my permission

answer for

"Of course you shouldn’t -

All I am saying is that many people are happy to criticise envato or push responsibility to then etc. but naively choose to ignore legal precedent that prevents that and more so that logic alone dictates that if it was doable then in their 10 years of practice they would have done something about it

This why none has a solution or an example of another site doing something. Because it doesn’t exist. Because unfortunately , there is only so much that is feasible to be done"

What is the answer to our comment?

you were constantly asking for a solution. What other companies are doing. I gave an example

With respect that is not a solution or an example given as @SpaceStockFootage already pointed out your example is nothing like the same thing.

Your exmaple has no impact on copyright or the other topics raised above. It’s an entirely different issue from an entirely different product and business model.

1 Like

Unfortunately these sales reversal are a very real and ‘normal’ part of doing business online on any marketplaces, whether it be Ebay, Amazon, or the Envato Market sites.
As a result of sale recersal the buyer’s access to download the item has since been revoked for the unauthorized transaction and their account has been disabled.

2 Likes

That’s a solution to the issue of customers cancelling subscriptions. This isn’t the issue we’re discussing here. Envato also have a policy regarding customers cancelling an Elements subscription.

The big difference you’re missing is that these subscriptions are packages that are invented, implemented, run, and for all intents, regulated by the relevant stock agencies. As long as they’re not breaking any laws in doing so, then they can manage the subscriptions and put whatever rules they want in the agreements when it comes to charges, fees, cancellations and refunds.

What we’re talking about here are payments from credit card companies, banks and payment gateways like Paypal and the like… and Envato don’t get to regulate those or decide on the rules. They have to abide by financial regulations, and if Envato want to accept those forms of payment, then they have to accept the possibility of chargebacks and reversals, just like every other company that does so.

2 Likes

Shutterstock has a cancellation fee. Categories are not the same. I am aware. But when we say it’s different with ebay, amazon, that’s not your approach. I really can’t figure out how you’re supporting

Accounts canceled. Well, my canceled product. I saw it was distributed free on another site. I passed it on. So what. No sanctions. While we commit to not sell on another site. So it’s normal for this to happen to us. You think so.

Paypal will make money, Envato will make money because our designs will be constantly under risk. Such partnership is just like this.

ENVATO :heart: PAYPAL

PRODUCERS :sweat:

Again with respect you are completely missing the point.

It’s not envato who is sharing you items elsewhere, so it has nothing to do with your agreement with them not to sell elsewhere.

Nor is there anyhting at all that envato can do to stop people doing buying your item and sharing it on another site.

For example, to use your Shutterstock example:

• I buy an item then reverse it
  • there is no subscription to charge a cancellation fee for
  • but even if there was - how would that stop me sharing it on another site?

As @mgscoder said piracy is unfortuantely a down side to stock marketplaces - its not just envato. As fast as you close one site down they just reopen another.

Moderators are great. Really. Twill closer to ebay and amazon for you. Excuse me, at least I’m talking about a website that sells design. haha

:ok_hand:

in that case you can send DMCA to that website and also the hosting company of that website and let them know details. Hope they will take action agaianst the copyright and will remove the product/website.

Envato’s cut of the sale gets reversed as well… it’s not like you get $5 from a $10 sale and then Envato take $10 from your balance when there’s a reversal! That would be a bit harsh.

So if we accept Envato’s terms that we’re just going to sell there and sell elsewhere, there’s nothing Envato can do? Did you mean. That’s why it’s so funny then the rules :))

1 Like

If it reopens it will try to close it again. As a result, such a large market. There’s millions going on here. What do you mean, let it open. All the big brands have crazy budgets for this. Do you want that Let me both design and follow me. The point you missed is the point. I do not sell on another site while selling here, I promise. I promise. Then this is a deficit, you do not follow it. I’m going to sell it here and sell it on another site under another name. I’m sure Envato will deal with his rivals. In your own interest. But when it’s in my interest, Envato treats her as a step-son.

If you do that then envato can block your account and freeze and existing income/funds in it. (because it’s not an external website)

As explained - envato cannot control external website or stop people buying an item and then shairng it on another website - this is what we are asking to hear the solution to.

All envato can (and do) do is disable a buyer account (because it’s not an external website) which create sa reversal, so as they cannot keep downloading the item and sharing new copies.

What a ridiculous subject you are talking about. If you like envato we will make payment for the design we have installed. It wasn’t funny.

sorry but this is ridiculous. How can you get me a fee you didn’t earn me anyway? It didn’t totally give up the refund status. We are not selling any products that need to be tested service. Come on late in the event, our friend says our product is being published and distributed elsewhere. You are a representative and of course you will be defending the firm, but I understand that we are not the only ones who have suffered. As these situations increase, the Envato community will suffer greatly.

1 Like

Why should I look for them? and I’m dealing with the complaint. Don’t while maintaining good when selling. Indeed, you certainly do not intend to produce solutions.

Fee is simple - because you are selling on envato’s website. That’s why they get a cut (they suffer from reverals too).