Search engine on Audiojungle is NOT inspiring anymore!

I have uploaded several new tracks in the past few weeks, and have had no sales because of it. Usually at least a few old tracks sell from the exposure when I upload. I have a put a lot of time into my websites, marketing and making new music in Jan and Feb knowing they are slow months…I feel like I am being told to stop and its not worth it?

I once had a track that started selling good, but then… As if some one deleted it from this website :frowning: lol

2 Likes

I will do anything in my powers to make Envato people change 1 simple thing :slightly_smiling:

• the title of the song needs to be a title that EXCLUDES ANY KEYWORD !!!

A title like “Coffee in Paris”, or “Beautiful sunshine” is OK. Absolutely.

But not “Inpiring ambient” “Motivational corporate” or even “Motivational and inpiring 2” !!!

Because at the moment, the search engine has RULE #1 priority the TItle. Some smart people realized it
and now a huge crowd is taking advantage of that, and Envato is doing absolutely nothing about this…

So,

No Keywords Allowed In The Title! Just plain old inspired titles for that particular song.

Make Audiojungle again a great marketplace, where you can see thousands of different titles not just

“inspired this” “motivating that” etc.

thanks!

1 Like

We can change the titles, but do we really need another track like the one I just made?

Although I find the majority of «corporate» tracks (or videos utilizing them) as interesting as listening to my dishwasher of 15 years old, I’m tempted to say, yes, we need more of them. Well, maybe not «we», but the buyers are still buying them regularly, so it becomes a personal choice to go for it or not, I guess.

I decided to go by other stylistic avenues, but I understand people who embrace the (seemingly unending) corporate trend. It still have the potential to bring some dollars and we all need money, I guess.

(And to be fair, Avocado Sound, I found yours «a little bit different», so maybe there’s even some life left in that corporate style! :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Oups. I just realized that my post is a reply to another entry, but is not related to the original topic. Sorry about that.

1 Like

So in short… the very important search engine does not work properly of a site that is very low on another very important **search engine’**s result:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/audiojungle.net

No wonder people are complaining about sales, and no wonder new files are getting zero visibillity… Come on Envato, please get this sorted!

10 Likes

Finally someone brought this up. It’s tough for authors on AJ but it’s even tougher for AJ on the internet.

2 Likes

From what I can see, Envato are actually doing all they possibly can to drive more traffic to the site, more so than any other online marketplace I’m currently seeing. They’re doing everything Google ‘asks for’.

The problem here isn’t with Envato, it’s with Google and their desire to divert traffic to platforms that benefit their fully automated copyright systems and to sites where Google do not have to get involved in manual copyright administration.

The once popular search term ‘Royalty Free Music’ on Google now yields results to a bunch of creative commons and subscription sites, but most noteworthily YouTube’s free music library. Google have instant copyright control over those assets and this is where I think they’re taking it. It’s clear as day.

11 Likes

Envato and Google should partner up. With the right integration the licences would flow from envato and buyers directly to youtube without additional manual work. Not to mention AJ would appear on the google’s first page again :slightly_smiling:

Maybe this plan is already being realized with Envato moving to USA. :innocent:

4 Likes

That would be great, but then you’ll have all the other libraries out there complaining that Google are giving Envato special treatment, followed by legal cases opening, etc. Google would have to open such an opportunity to all sites that could afford it. And then we’re back to square one.

Also there’s another good reason to why Google are favouring their own copyrighted material over third party sources - it’s easier to monetize videos that contain it, via advertising. That’s what Google’s all about.

2 Likes

I think it’s time to check out themeforest… :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds scary to me. A so mighty organization. :fearful:

2 Likes

Alumo, i had not thought of it that way and that actually makes sense, and is a valid reason of why audiojungle is so low down the google charts.
But the audiojungle search engine still needs fixing for sure, but hopefully we’ll see some results and some feedback soon regarding the situation.

1 Like

It is possible to place a sponsored ad to ensure of ranking on page, though if marketing budget allows, perhaps Envato might consider that at the moment?

This might be coincidence, but a couple of times this happened: no sales for a day or 5, all is dead… and then when a new track is approved, for 2 days I sell a bunch of old tracks! After the 2 days, it’s dead again… The thing is, the new track does NOT sell and it’s very very different in style from the (older) tracks I do sell. I don’t think it’s clients clicking on my new-item, liking the sound, going to my portfolio and finding something completely different to buy… . think it’s the search engine giving us a little more ranking (for all our stuff) after having uploaded a new track (for about 1,5 days).

Coincidence? Anyone? :smiley:

4 Likes

Same as for me. A new track attract buyers to the previous one.

1 Like

It’s possible but I’m not sure in my case. Too small portfolio and less traffic to figure out a suitable result.
In the next hours hopefully a new track will be approved. Let’s see if I’ll sell shopworm goods. :smiley:

1 Like

Totally agree! The search system isn’t functional at all and the whole description and search tags are pretty much useless with the normal search. But I’m also sure that this is fixable by Envato.

Totally agree with your thoughts!