Search engine on Audiojungle is NOT inspiring anymore!

Just to share my experience as of late, whatever “tweaks” or “tests” are being done with search, I have seen a noticeable bias towards selling tracks uploaded over 1 year ago in my account. However, it is a bit concerning because we all know that it is important for that first sale to occur on a new release. Let’s face it, the way this market is structured by constantly advertising “look how popular and loved I am (the track sales count that is)”…If a new track does not sell right away, psychologically, that sends a signal to this market that there is a problem with the track. So yes, new content does have to be given some weight in search. Acceptance of the track from the reviewer is step one (they believe it’s good enough to sell), but then a customer licensing it on day 1 or day 2 provides confirmation that the market is interested in the soundtrack. When new releases have 0 sales that eventually creates negative psychology on this market because people will think…hmmmm…no one wanted this, there must be a problem with this music…and the reality is that there is not a problem with your track because after all, the reviewers curated it and deemed it strong enough to sell to media makers.

We need more than the two hour window from the new release page to get that first sale or two. So staff please consider these thoughts as you continue to “test” search algorithms. I’d say give new items strong weight for about 7 days then have them fall down if they are not selling. (if this is even possible to code because I have no idea)

What I do observe is that Envato controls what it wants to sell based on the playlist delivered after a search is performed And yes it does seem that you want to get back to selling “popular” items. It’s a fact that people just do not have time to listen to 40 tracks. So once that playlist is delivered, they will listen down to 20 or 30 and maybe browse through 3 or 4 pages a bit and then they will select a track. Find a balance 33% proven sellers 33% new releases 33% random…It really is important to get the market excited about new music, and undiscovered music.

10 Likes

Completely agreed. It looks like the new files deserve a lot more attention. It’s quite discouraging to see your newest files are invisible, almost like you started to write bad music that is not in demand (which is how it looks and is not true)

Hope this issue will be solved with future fixes! Still glad that the older items are now receiving some love.

11 Likes

There is no problem about older items to be sold.Sale is sale.The problem is that while new files are “invisible”, the chances of getting into top new files and get a bit of exposure are minimal.That is the main problem here.

4 Likes

So now my turn to write. I always read the threads about the search, but did not write because i do not have a lot of sales. But my last upload I was very upset. I tried worked over the last cinematic tracks and what I got? At the first track in the first days 3 sales, the second did not buy. I would not be upset, but going to the “analytics” saw an insignificant number of visits. Earlier I do not remember this. Now view only the first day of upload. You can say that the material is not suitable to AJ, but you can listen tracks and say, do not fit, or something wrong?
I do not have the old tracks with good sales, so my income is minimal. The conclusion - I earn from the sale of the first day. So, you are forcing us to do mediocre stuff that can be done quickly, without straining, to earn the minimum sale on the first day. Why should I waste time on recording, mixing, mastering when track lost in the ocean of other, older? No normal artist do not want to work that way.
Excuse me, cry from the heart. I hope you have a better view and sales, and I hope that everything will be fine!

5 Likes

I completely agreed.

Ohh… yeah. This is sad. After average 60-70 sales per month(september, october, november, december) now i have 20 sales with 202 items in my portfolio. What happens? After track approval on second and third day views decrease so obvious. So it looks like there is no life for new items here now. If you got sale in 1-st day you are happy! Do i need to work hard full time to build my portfolio with hope to get more sales? I don’t know already… What to do? It is so confusing and completely frustrating me. Previous search algorithm was so good. I hope it will returns back.

5 Likes

Please, Envato, bring back the previous search algorithm. There is no inspiration to compose new music with current search algorithm at all.

6 Likes

I agree. The total lack of motivation. In this mood, it is impossible to write the happiness and inspiration.

2 Likes

Probably in the Jungle too much : “happy”, “inspiring” and “motivational” … Envato decided to change the situation to hear our: “crying”, “sad” and “no sales” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could someone from Envato please explain why my new item (that I spent weeks working on), after receiving 2 sales in its first 24 hours - is showing up halfway down the 2nd page of search results?

I’m trying to be rational, patient, and professional here…but, seriously - what is going on with the search engine???

EDIT: Make that the 3rd page of results.

This is getting extremely frustrating.

3 Likes

I was in the exact same spot myself a couple of tracks ago: 2 sales in the first 12, 2 more in the next 36.

It used to be that a track with 4 sales in the first 48 hours would be rewarded with a visible first page search position that would possibly allow it to gain traction and sell…Instead, it got as high as the middle of page 2, followed by a rapid descent into oblivion.

Absurd

Same here, as my experience here since almost 1 year. I’ve noticed that sales much bigger at the beginning of the month, but not this month and previous month. Now a had 5 new items in february and only 1 sale from all of it. What is wrong? I don’t have inspiration at all to compose new music. I hope Envato will change something in search algorithm for adding more exposure for new items as it was before or please just bring back the old SE.

This new ‘updated’ search engine is absolutely terrible for new items.

3 new items with no sales

2 Likes

The same happened to me…First 48 hours - 6 sales and then BOOM…No sales, track gone into the oblivion…This is very very frustrating and UNFAIR!

3 Likes

6 sales in 48 is quite a lot though Mega… My latest two tracks collected 1 sale in total in 2 weeks.
Thank god for old tracks :slightly_smiling:

Oh yeah you are lucky to have 6 sales in 2 days. Happy for you Mega_Music!

Guys that was awesome but do you know how i feel when i saw that track is selling and then just disapiared!Since then i had only one sale after…The one thing is sure : Buyers couldn’t find the track because new search engine and thats why it stop sell…It was visible for those 24-48 hours and then gone.

1 Like

Agree with you

I have definitely noticed a failure in new tracks since the algorithm change, but I will say getting a bunch of sales off the bat and then having the track fall off the map is nothing new here. That is how its always been, at least the last 2 and half years. Perhaps its exacerbated now, but that has definitely the norm. Getting around that phenomenon is the mystery of this marketplace…

1 Like

I continously ascend in the AJ ranking. The last weeks I dropped back from 706 to 716. Wrong direction. :frowning:

EDIT: Oops, I was wrong. I was already at place 703 in November.

2015-19-11

2016-19-02