Sale Reversals - How to prevent?

Today we got our third sale reversal since we started selling on code-canyon. We don’t get a lot of them but every time we get one, I feel robbed. This time I’m really pissed since we’ve been working really hard these past weeks (from sunset to sunrise) in our latest update, only to be rewarded with people STEALING our hard work.

The reversal came from Turkey. 2 of the 3 we’ve had (that we are aware of) came from this country. To me it looks like a pattern, perhaps it’s the same person just getting himself free updates? What can we do to minimize this?

1 Like

A sales reversal occurs when a purchase is reversed by the payment provider (eg. payment gateway or bank) through either a credit card or Paypal account. Reversals are enforced by the payment provider and actioned in accordance with their policies. As an author, your statement will be updated to reflect the reversed transaction.
Sales-Reversal:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, customers who always do such actions will get their account suspended. As an author, we can’t really do anything about it and if you really want a solution, I suggest that you include a feature in your app that requires purchase code verification, doing this will prevent pirate users from unlocking full features of your app thus forcing them to buy it.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I know that, they’re chargebacks. I was wondering if any author here have any experience minimizing these events.

1 Like

Just jot a sale reversal few hours ago it was from Chile :frowning:

Got another reversal from Turkey again. This is clearly a pattern, I’m pretty sure it’s the same person. Should I contact someone from envato to check it out?

I just got sale reversal few minutes ago. Same from Turkey. Here is client information on the statement.
a lkajsflaj
aydin
didim
Turkey

1 Like

Guess what happened again and from which country? I’m mad. I’m going to contact Envato because this is not funny.

1 Like

You just can’t avoid people from “carding” (using stolen credit cards).

I also had a cancellation of a sale from Turkey today
9-16 Company
İstanbul
Turkey

Since this month 10+ reversal, No one do anything because its happening since i am join this platform.
May be waiting for some news from Envato to do at least some investigate. There are lots of online platform already have solution.

1 Like

Yes it would be nice if there was something they could do

Could you share some of these solutions/example of platforms?

FYI Envato has a dedicated anti-fraud team. It is unlikely to be that they are not investigating, and more that it is a difficult situation to manage.

However, I am certain that they would be very keen to hear about any (viable and feasible) solutions that you mentioned

1 Like

They are a real company. Have you tried contacting them?

1 Like

no I haven’t tried it, I’ll try it now

Those are just nulled site operators that raise a chargeback immediately after downloading the files. You can really do much about it than ignore and focus on buyers giving them unmatched support that adds a reason why they should buy your items and not download from those nulled distribution sites.

Not in all cases, as shown in the example above.

Yes. I have encountered these “real companies” and sent them a DMCA notice to take down microsites I found “owned” by them selling my code illegally for lower prices.

I’ve set this thread to unlisted. You can still discuss your ideas, but giving others ideas on how to use stolen credit cards, is never a good idea.

1 Like

Fortunately we hadn’t had a single reversal in months as far as I know (hadn’t checked). To no one’s surprise, our latest reversal today was also from turkey. I’m very curious why.