Rejection No 14 :)

So the question is: Keeping on or just letting it go?

These are my latest 3 rejections (Tried many genres before):

https://soundcloud.com/breitbarth/80s-pop-dub/s-f0PB2

https://soundcloud.com/breitbarth/uplifting-synthwave/s-UgpeA

https://soundcloud.com/breitbarth/nu-fashion-disco/s-8R7jo

Funny thing is i make a living from music production since 15 years. Sure, why not just happily live on then, i hear you say. Well, i´m shortly before that stage. :slight_smile:
I mean i like the fact that rejections make you wanna get better, For instance i never mastered myself so i started to get into that recently and i cannot expect perfect results that quickly. I directly would accept a negative feedback on that. But these “your stuff sucks totally” messages are bothering me i have to admit .At the same time i get it that billions of incoming songs needs to be judged as quickly as possible.

Anyways, if you guys have some more detailed feedback i´d aprreciate it. Thx.

1 Like

They sound great to me!

1 Like

Try to sell music which was rejected on “Beatport”. Your Masterpieces should not be wasted. I was surprised when I started to offer subscription labels. To my ears everything sounds good, but not for Aj. you do have a vivid and varied tunes ,And there is not acceptable.

possible reasons for rejection: a lot of melody, bright - obsessive sound, inadequate reviewer who will soon leave his post.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there’s anything technically wrong with the tracks. Is it more likely that they’ve been rejected because the style isn’t what’s considered right for the stock library? I haven’t listened to many tracks on AJ recently so I’m not sure how tight their restrictions are on the style of uploads.

I really like those tracks, most likely what others are saying - reviewer didn’t think it fit with AJ library or something along those lines.

All tracks likes to me :clap:
May be, this is good idea - creating some special alter-thread, with rejected tracks and likes there, to see amount of likes for rejected stuff, and more deep understanding situation by all, members and reviewers.

On a personal level I enjoyed your tracks and thought they were well produced. But I’ve found that AudioJungle doesn’t go for 80s style synth based pop, I guess because they think it won’t sell.

Thanks man, lightened up my mood!

Haha :slight_smile: thanks man. Now believe in god again :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah thought of this, but not sure if i can change my style, will try though maybe. thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

thanks! i uploaded so many genres though.

thank you! good idea, you start? :slight_smile:

“well produced” - thanks for that! thought the mix / master must suck. 80s niche , sure but uploaded many different styles already.

Hey all, your feedback means a lot to me, big thanks!
What is missleading, AJ says listen to what we have in our library but maybe some of these songs were just ok for them a longer time ago. For instance there ARE a lot of 80s songs there , even not so good ones (subjective of course). idk, í´ll have to mediate on this :stuck_out_tongue:

sounds very nice. Don’t understant the criteria of the rejection… Maybe repetitive? richness of melody? playful bass? the final?
Anyway, keep doing, you sound great!

thx! yeah could be one of those. or anything else, u never know here.

1 Like

nope, we don’t have any feedback from rejections… at least two words from curators could be positive… :frowning:

“Hard reject”.

Are you Rene Breitbart from Treibstoff records? I used to play your records in the past :slight_smile:

About your question… I’m sure it’s not about the quality of the tracks. It’s about their commercial potential. Music is influenced by trends same as fashion.

And now just imagine that Envato gets thousands of uploads every day. And the amount of upload increases all the time. They have to optimise the hard drive space.

So, pay attention to what is popular on AJ now. But not sure you will like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you Rene Breitbart from Treibstoff records?
-Yes

I used to play your records in the past :slight_smile:
-Nice!

About your question… I’m sure it’s not about the quality of the tracks.

• Are you 100% sure?

It’s about their commercial potential. Music is influenced by trends same as fashion.

• I´m aware of that

And now just imagine that Envato gets thousands of uploads every day. And the amount of upload increases all the time. They have to optimise the hard drive space.

• I´m aware of that, too.

So, pay attention to what is popular on AJ now.

• Good point!

But not sure you will like it :slight_smile:

• How would you know?
1 Like