The idea is fantastic, I like the composition but there are a few things I noticed:
- The piano chords are way too loud and bassy, one can’t hear much because of them.
- The percussion sounds weak.
- The FX for the transition are barely audible.
- I am not sure about the staccato strings, they are not always there. I can’t hear them also very well because of the piano.
- I am not sure if there’s a bassline (still because of the piano)
My suggestions would be to:
- Make sure to use EQ and remove all the low end from all the instruments that are not kick nor bass.
- Sidechain the piano to the kick.
- Sidechain the bass to the kick.
- Watch as many tutorials as you can and use reference tracks from the market to compare.
Thank you so much for your very detailed comment. I’ll work harder on balancing and mixing next time