Reason why item is hard rejected?

Hi there,

I uploaded javascript plugin: drag and drop file upload, but this plugin wasn’t approved without any explanation:

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Responsive Carousel” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

This is the demo of my plugin: demo

Features:

• Compatible with all major browsers
  • File type and file size validation
  • File browse and drag and drop methods supported
  • Customizable by CSS and plugin options
  • Custom error messages

I would appreciate any feedback on this plugin to avoid rejections in the future.

As mentioned in your previous thread (regarding another item), the problem here is that you’re not adding anything new.

These two existing plugins do the same thing as your plugin along with some other cool features on top:

When the reviewer mentions the “quality standard,” they are referring to the quality and functionality of existing similar items. If you aren’t able to go beyond what already exists, why would they accept your item?

Thanks for your response. My plugin doesn’t need third-party libraries. It has cleaner designs for different component’s states. You can customize error messages, but I am not sure if you can do this with mentioned plugins.

I am just wondering. If my plugin is not considered it doesn’t offer anything new. What features this plugin Drop Uploader - Drag&Drop Javascript File Uploader offer on top of this plugin HTML5 File Upload?

Do not look to the others, try to create something better. Also if approved your plugin would get almost zero sales. It is in your interest to create something better.

1 Like

Looks like your item doesn’t support uploading/dragging multiple files either (at least not in the demo) even though it says “drop files” and not “drop file”. No matter what you improve on, that’s most definitely unacceptable.

But even if you did add that, it doesn’t seem like you would have anything innovative enough to get accepted. There are too many file uploaders. It was easier back many years ago when the two aforementioned items got in because there was less competition.

Nowadays, many people upload items like yours very often - it would be crazy hard to sell anything if they all got accepted without some major innovations.

@Schiocco and @baileyherbert thanks for your feedback. Very helpful!

1 Like