Not a single sale for the last 30 days! How are you doing?

The cream rises to the top. Create more. Price sensibly, and you’ll get your listeners/sales back.

1 Like

@KabbalisticVillage I’m glad for you man, share some tips with the rest of us on how to get the sales back :slight_smile:

@SigersonLTD What do you mean price sensibly? I kept all my prices at the default after the price change. You think it’s sensible to lower your prices even lower from the default prices at Audiojungle?

maybe we should ask AJ to put a minimum price?

1 Like

minimum price should be around 20 - 15 depending on the length

3 Likes

@audiofiles That was suggested many times to Audiojungle before the change of the prices. Especially to keep the old default prices as the minimum prices. Unfortunately they didn’t listen.

1 Like

Yes. You have to beat the competition somehow, right?

1 Like

And what was the usual number of sales for you before September 10? (1 working month) (10 sales per month, as you say it is November or July)?

1 Like

Stable, but small! :slight_smile: ( 1000$ was not there yet(per month for me))). But I really want to! And only when I see $ 1000 on my balance will I be happy!

3 Likes

IG I feel the same way…so I made a quick check, and it seems that in the popular new file the most selling are not at that low price,.BUT there are a lot at 5bucks.
I also think that a serious professional videomaker or customer in general, will not turn their preference based on saving 10-15dollars…I don’t know, I’m trying to figure it out.
When Self pricing went in, I honestly charged more on the tracks, not less, because to me the 19 bucks standard was already low. Not much, but 5$ plus.
Anyway…no sales at all.
but whats the deal of selling for 5$? whats the benefit of selling 50 licenses for 125 buck? I don’t get it.
good luck everyone!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CleanMagicAudio Before September my sales were averaging out to 10 sales per month. Sometimes 12 sometimes 8 etc. It wasn’t much but it was stable and like I said it was a base to build upon. I still don’t have a single sale from September 10th and I get frustrated.
1000$ per month would be a crazy dream for me, my first goal was to average out to 300-400$ per month but even that now seems impossible. I hope you will reach your goal and even higher though :slight_smile:

@anon67971729 I agree with you that the 19 bucks were already too low and many of us suggested to Audiojungle to keep that as the minimum but they didn’t listen.
Yes, a professional videomaker wouldn’t mind giving 10-15 bucks but a professional videomaker would also take the bigger licenses and probably use one of the most popular tracks or featured tracks of Audiojungle. Since we have no idea though where our music is being used we can’t be certain of anything.
The big idea in putting your music at 5$ is when you have music that has 0 -or low- sales and if you want to get traffic to your account you put 5$ at your music and get the sales numbers up and your music the more is bought the higher it gets on searches (I’m not so sure about the latter but that’s what I’ve been told).
The problem is that with 50 licenses sold at 5$ you get around 25$ and Envato makes 80$. So you basically undervaluing your music getting a mere pittance for your music while you are being a good boy and making Envato money…
The argument from some people is that “Hey that x track had already 0 sales and I have 500 tracks on my account so I don’t care it’s still a profit for me!”. The problem with that is that you are destroying the market for yourself, you undervaluing your work and your other tracks and the tracks of everyone and what seems a momentary pittance profit will turn out to be the norm sooner than you think.

3 Likes

Same is the case with me before Sep 2018 I had 10-15 sales a month.

And before Feb 2018 I had about 25-30 sales don’t understand what is going on.

Is there any chance of sales improvement otherwise it is almost impossible to serviwe if you are full dependent on envato.

2 Likes

Till October 2017, i was selling around 50 per month, then in Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb, the average was 15. More than 50% down, Since March till now i am happy if i get 20 sales…

Too much people, too much copycats, too much multiple accounts for the same piece of cake.

4 Likes

It’s been really bad this week. I’m planning a future away from music as it’s not sensible to have this as part of my income. My passion for making music isn’t like it used to be and trying to make money when platforms keep undercutting the cost has driven prices down and down. Sad but true.

2 Likes
  • OP: Your inventory is beautiful.

• No sales - panic: this type of thread is on every forum, almost every second month. BUT l must admit, something weird is happening this year, this October (l sell non-music products elsewhere & am noticing a dip in sales & overall traffic). Definitely something bad this year. Could be political uncertainty (regardless of political views, we can be sure of one thing: a lot of uncertainty now, people might be spending their money on more necessary stuff?).

• Lower your prices: No! As a newbie (not even posted a song yet) l feel sick at the thought of $5 listings everywhere. I’d be happy to pay an artist a decent fee. It’s not like l’m paying for something tangible anyway (though l can “physically” hear it, true). So, the price l’m paying has a lot to do with love.

• Minimum cost for a track - that sounds great, it’s bad it no longer exists. Bring it back! Unless it’s $5 for a 15 second clip, that sounds alright to me.

2 Likes

@Cthone_Nectar Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:

Well, it’s good to see new people here that are not willing to be sellouts to see some sales on their account, kudos for that my friend!

Your mentality is in the right place :slight_smile:

5 Likes

and the amount of work maybe

There are currently 448,820 tracks here and 1,120 are $5. That’s 0.25% of the tracks. There 788 selling for $5 that are 2 minutes or longer and that’s 0.17% of the tracks. The others are probably logos. This does not sound like a threat to me.

4 Likes

@AAMediaMusic Those are some nice numbers. How did you get them though? Care to share your way of finding the exact number of available tracks on audiojungle and the detailed number of how many of those were priced at 5$ and how many of them where logos?

1 Like

You can just do it using the search engine. On the front page of Audiojungle, click on music, then put in the price and track length parameters you want.

2 Likes

@AlisterBunclark Honest to God I have never pressed the music icon ever before. I thought those were headers and thus not clickable!

It’s so nice to have numbers and to research things more thoroughly. The info from @AAMediaMusic and your tip already made me feel better. Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes