I've been inactive for two/three years - what's the state of things?

Pre 2020 I was going hard making tracks, but I’m sure like a lot of people the pandemic shifted priorities around. I’d love to get back into creating music for sale! There’s a couple of things I’m super curious about:

• I remember a lot of concern around the Elements subscription model devaluing the regular marketplace. Has this settled somewhat or is it still a thing? I’ve noticed you can’t apply to be an elements author for audio anymore?

• I also remember waves of $5 dollar and “The Hip-Hop”, “The Future Bass” tracks. How has it affected your sales? Is it just a race to the bottom now?

• Have there been any innovations in licensing and royalty tracking? It’d be so cool to be able to register my sold tracks for extended royalties!

• Finally, do you think AudioJungle is still a viable marketplace to invest the time into as an exclusive author?

Lots of questions I know but if you’ve got any tidbits for someone trying to catch up that’d be super helpful!

Oh, it’s gotten much worse since then.

2 Likes

The sales monitor thread has some answers - AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3 - #2371 by AbandonSoundDesign

Sadly not a good state.

2 Likes

Now up to 20 days without a sale.

2 Likes

June, July, August - 9 tracks were uploaded. Price from $ 11 to $ 15. 1 sale. So far, everything is very sad.

2 Likes

Hello,

Situation is not good, but Audio Jungle is still a place where you can have sales and extra money. For example, I made 3 sales at 47$ this month. I just decided to price more higher than previous month etc. If you are interested by a come back for you, I suggest to remove the exclusivity and start to upload everywhere you can and wait for extra money ! Stock market is still bringing money, but your expectation have to decrease related to this global market. Money is there, but it’s harder, is it worth it ? I still belive it for sure, it will depend on how much effort you want to put in ! (But many efforts doesn’t mean it will works at this time, so maybe you can have some fixed aim related to your week. Maybe One track a month, one track a week / etc )

You can considering registering your portfolio with CONTENT ID things too !

5 Likes

Register with Content ID, Identifyy for example.

3 Likes

I have basically the same numbers for that time period, except that my prices are higher. 1 sale on a $35 track.

3 Likes

You’ll probably have great tracks but in terms of quantity you need considerably more to see an uptick in sales.

3 Likes

I registered an account in AudioJungle in 2014, but I didn’t know much about it at that time. I uploaded several music works and gave up after being rejected. This year, we started uploading again. At present, 3 music works have been approved. Just today, there has just been a sale. This is my experience.

1 Like