Sales competely stopped

Hey Everyone,

So I was always a bit niche in my output and never expected many sales. But since my 3 years on here had always been getting at least 1-2 a month, this built up to around 4-5 a month at the beginning of this year. But, something seems to have happened in the last 2 months though, as my sales have completely stopped… Nothing. Nada. Does anyone know of any changes at AJ that might have affected this? And have anyone else’s sales plummeted recently?

1 Like

Hi @Freshwater_Studio

Had a little listen to your portfolio and I must say you have some really great and interesting music going on!

As for why sales are slow there are a big list of reasons for that, the main reason is huge increase in competition both inside the Envato plattform (Elements/PlaceIt + increasing amount of music tracks added) and also rapidly increasing competition outside Envato/AudioJungle.

With your music I would strongly advise you to start uploading music to other sites if you have not, I am pretty sure lots of more serious libraries are interested in your kind of music as well.

There is a great resource called Music Library Report where you can subscribe and research whats going on in the music licensing business and read about hundreds of music libraries. You can also check out this YouTube channel with lots of good advice: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrJoetQFxVHXXJs2sY_QLKg/videos

Just my 2 cents, good luck!

5 Likes

sales are on the beach and having some drinks… nothing here for 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Go non-exclusive and price your music higher!

you have great ambient tracks

2 Likes

sales have stopped everywhere! :frowning:

2 Likes

The party’s over
It’s time to call it a day
They’ve burst your pretty balloon
And taken the moon away
It’s time to wind up the masquerade
Just make your mind up the piper must be paid.

The party’s over
The candles flicker and dim
You danced and dreamed through the night
It seemed to be right just being with him
Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
Take off your makeup, the party’s over
It’s all over, my friend

The party’s over
It’s time to call it a day
Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
Take off your makeup, the party’s over
It’s all over, my friend

It’s all over, my friend

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your kind words! I’m stoked if you think I would have a better shot at other libraries … A week ago I halved all the prices in the library to see if it would make a difference, and still nada. I’ll be watching that MojoSoundtrack - thanks a lot!!

So re taking music elsewhere, am I right in thinking I couldn’t just take off the tracks listed in AJ and approach other libraries with them?

Sucks that sales for many have also stopped :confused:

1 Like

Different tracks performs better in different libraries. It is very hard to predict anything though you just have to try for yourself really. In my opinion you can approach Royalty Free sites, TV/Film music libraries and some of your tracks also sounds like something many game developers could be interested in. So I guess it depends what you want to focus on as well.

If you pitch tracks to Tv/film libraries you want to only send them your very best tracks and make sure that they are mastered as good as possible.

As for game music, several royalty free asian sites have started to focus on this lately, because it is indeed a huge and growing market.

5 Likes

Yes, boring, 0 for the last two weeks of sales! Why do you think so?

1 Like