New VC Reflection Plug-in

Exciting day (for me anyway).

I’ve actually gone back to two of the sections of the long project I’m working on, that use reflection (both based on templates here as a base) to replace those duplicate reflection comps with the new VC plug-in. It seriously looks a lot better with the blur and fade options. I mean, being able quickly control the amount of blur based on distance is just awesome.

I’ve only bought 5 projects here, but I haven’t seen a comp use a free plug-in (aside from CycoreFX). Considering a very large amount of the projects here use reflections, I’m wondering if they’ll all be using the VC plug-in or if there some taboo thing against it? It’s very easy to replace the duplicate reflection comps with the plugin on the source comp though, so no big deal.

Eh, new toys always make me happy.

for me there is no taboo about great stuff, specially if its free like this :slight_smile:

this plugin looks great. why dont we use it in projects.

but unfortunately its not working for me, im getting error in AE7 :frowning: so if I somehow make it works, i will afraid to use it in projects for sale…

We have nothing against free plug-ins. But in terms of reflections, its very easy to create reflections without the use of any plug-ins at all. Which then would not require the buyer to have to download/install additional plug-ins just to be able to use the project. If the buyer already had it, that’s one thing. But there’s no way for the author to know that, so they try to make it to be most usable.

In terms of plug-ins in general (free and premium), I personally think they should ONLY be used when its absolutely necessary. When an effect would not be achievable without it. Of course this isn’t a requirement, but whenever a file is created with 10 plug-ins, the only people that will seriously buy that file are the people lucky enough to already own all 10 plug-ins.

Yeah, and sadly most AE plug-ins are so over-priced. Particular alone costs almost as much as AE CS4. But, while it is easy to create reflections, it’s not easy to do something like increased blur over distance (on the reflection). That’s the part I was happy about.

I think I saw an updated released and some talk about AE7 not working right with it. I imagine it would be hard to make a plug-in with no issues from AE7 through CS4.

I need to try and make a project for here but it is a really shock not to be able to use source material. I have giant librarys of source photos, alpha footage, stock footage, vector images, and sound FX’s. I can’t imagine trying to make something worthy without being able to use something. This place needs like a page dedicated to totally free assets that can be used in projects for sale. I’m in progress of learning illustrator though. That should help.

Yeah, and sadly most AE plug-ins are so over-priced. Particular alone costs almost as much as AE CS4. But, while it is easy to create reflections, it's not easy to do something like increased blur over distance (on the reflection). That's the part I was happy about.

I think I saw an updated released and some talk about AE7 not working right with it. I imagine it would be hard to make a plug-in with no issues from AE7 through CS4.

I need to try and make a project for here but it is a really shock not to be able to use source material. I have giant librarys of source photos, alpha footage, stock footage, vector images, and sound FX’s. I can’t imagine trying to make something worthy without being able to use something. This place needs like a page dedicated to totally free assets that can be used in projects for sale. I’m in progress of learning illustrator though. That should help.

Disagree with you Stacey, how can you prove those “free assets” are truly free? No offense but it would be really difficult as it is already, with the copyright issues around files.

Thanks for the share of the plugin.

In my case I have an incredible library too and when it comes to sell here, it happens the same as to you. To sell something here, you need to create something from scratch and for some of us who already have a lot of work and clients, that’s hard to do when here you find great quality files.

have an awesome day!

This place needs like a page dedicated to totally free assets that can be used in projects for sale. I'm in progress of learning illustrator though. That should help.

@Stacey. I don’t know if you know this already, but free assets already exist.

Click on ‘my account’ - that’s your account, not my account! :wink:

Then look for author resources on the right hand side of the page, near the bottom. There you will find the link to the free assets page.

-felt.

You can do the blur part with a compound blur, but this plug-in will speed things up. It still strikes me as pretty manual though. It’s a shame you can’t specify the surface it gets reflected in and let virtual physics handle everything else.

-felt.

This place needs like a page dedicated to totally free assets that can be used in projects for sale. I'm in progress of learning illustrator though. That should help.

@Stacey. I don’t know if you know this already, but free assets already exist.

Click on ‘my account’ - that’s your account, not my account! :wink:

Then look for author resources on the right hand side of the page, near the bottom. There you will find the link to the free assets page.

-felt.

This sounds great because I’m trying to buy a template with music from those assets but there is no such link in My Account for me because I’m not an author. :frowning: