Missing effect: CC page turn

Hi I downloaded a project on videohive, turns out I’m missing CC page turn effect on my after Effects CS5. I can’t seem to find it for download seperately on the internet, does anybody have it for me?

The CC package is called CycoreFX and it comes with After Effects CD.

Cycore is not included in the demo AE, though.

-f.

Yeah I’ve only the trial, as I only need to finish one project, to make it an entertaining animation for our project presentation. There’s a supplement or rule that such plugin can’t be passed on? That presentatiion is tommorow, so I’m in a quite hurry :confused:

You could contact the author and ask him for rendering service.

No… you can’t just pass plug-ins around. They’re software too.

You could pick it up from Cycore if the presentation’s really important.

http://www.cycorefx.com/products.php

$299.

-f.

Ok, so it’s not free software :frowning: Thought it would be free plugin since it’s included with retail version. There’s no budget for $299 for a one time presentation.

That’s pretty f**ked so I payed, for something that I can’t even use :frowning: There’s no refund policy is there?

I’m not trying to be too blunt or sound harsh, but asking for a refund on a project that you’re attempting to render using a demo version of After Effects probably isn’t going to happen.

You might do better contacting the author of the project and asking for a render service. Depending on the author’s rates, it might wind up being much less than paying the $299 for the CC effects package.

Good luck!

Most projects that use Cycore state on their item description page that they’re used.

They are not registered as a 3rd party plug-in (although that’s technically what they are) because these days AE itself is a bundle of core program and various plug-ins and it would cause confusion.

The problem here is the demo version of the program.

Contact support about a refund. You might be in luck, especially if the item description is misleading regarding Cycore.

-f.

How do you expect to get a serious job done with a trail version of ANY software…?
Contacting the author is your best shot.

-inlife

InlifeThrill said

How do you expect to get a serious job done with a trail version of ANY software…?
Contacting the author is your best shot.

-inlife

+100!

I’m only a buyer here and not an author, but I don’t understand how people can be upset with the authors and Videohive when they’re using only a demo version of After Effects. (Apologies to the original poster, I’m not trying to be mean and I’m not trying to single you out; this complaint comes up every now and then and you’re not the first.) A free demo/trial version of a program is exactly that; it’s a version that allows you to try out the program to see if it will work for you.

If a complaint is to be made, it should be directed at Adobe who isn’t giving potential buyers of AE all the plugins that would come in the full version. I mean, to me it doesn’t make sense to expect Videohive and the authors to have to state “You must own After Effects to make full use of this After Effects template.” If someone is buying an AE template, shouldn’t they own AE? I think that’s a reasonable expectation.

If I go to an auto parts store, I don’t think it’s the responsibility of the workers there to tell me that I need to own a car in order to use whatever I’m buying.

Sorry, rant over, but it frustrates me when the hard-working authors here get blamed for things that aren’t their fault.

–Eric

kauai said

Sorry, rant over, but it frustrates me when the hard-working authors here get blamed for things that aren’t their fault.

–Eric

Fair approach! Thank you for your support to videohive community Eric.

NO! We can’t all afford the darn $1500+ to make a few animations. Merely having a tagline that states a template requires the full version is super easy and would prevent the hassle of finding out that things don’t work after you buy them.

The better-than-thou attitude by uppity AE geeks coupled with the worthless site “management” make this a place to be avoided. So much for trying to learn things or get into the game with sauch a collection of jerks loitering around on this site.

jrawk76 said

We can’t all afford the darn $1500+ to make a few animations.

Very few things in life are for free. Especially quality animations which took hours to make and have the potential to make you or your business a lot more money than you paid for it. Just saying.

jrawk76 said

NO! We can’t all afford the darn $1500+ to make a few animations. Merely having a tagline that states a template requires the full version is super easy and would prevent the hassle of finding out that things don’t work after you buy them.

The better-than-thou attitude by uppity AE geeks coupled with the worthless site “management” make this a place to be avoided. So much for trying to learn things or get into the game with sauch a collection of jerks loitering around on this site.

yep i do agree with you as lots people who buy templates here are 1 time buyer and uses demo version But normally all good authors mention that cycore must be installed.

jrawk76 said having a tagline that states a template requires the full version is super easy

I agree, it doesn’t take much to add a line in the description that the full version is required. It ought to be there. I’ll have a word with Mark from the “worthless site management” about it to see if it might be added as a permanent category.

jrawk76 said ...uppity AE geeks .... worthless site "management" .... place to be avoided....sauch a collection of jerks ...

But please don’t let your bad experience with one author tempt you to insult all of the other ones. There are a great deal of authors on this site who make extremely high quality and low priced templates and are helpful and giving of their time on these forums to people who are just starting out.

HappyCreative said

…quality animations which took hours to make…

What productivity planet are you from, Happy?

Days, old bean… days! :slight_smile:

ive got plenty of emails from buyers that even dont know what After Effects is in first place , and/or they need something to edit the videos. There are many who start reading after purchasing.

Hey guys, I have the cc page turn thing but I am missing this After effects thing… What can I do?

(sorry loempiavreter… just kidding, good luck!)