New plugin developer, got a hard rejection - not sure what I missed, or what to fix

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to look. As mentioned, I’m a new developer on CodeCanyon but have a number of plugins published on WordPress.org, and more than a few years experience developing WP Plugins for clients.

I recently submitted a new plugin that provides a simplified way to embed a third-party widget using a shortcode. It was approved by WordPress.org and is available there as a “lite” or free version - but apparently it doesn’t meet Envato’s standards.

The problem is, I don’t know why. As far as I can tell, I’m following all of the instructions for upload (creating documentation, screenshots, formatting previews, adding the plugin as a zip file as well as adding the plugin files, etc), but I’m not getting any helpful feedback from the Evato team.

Any insight you could offer would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,

Dan

It should be noted, that I’m assuming if WordPress.org approves of the coding standard and plugin “layout” it should be good enough for Envato. If that’s not the case, please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi phoenixonline,

I saw someone who’s faced with this. If your plugin is published for free, it cannot be sold as a premium on envato.

Good luck.

Hi Emrys

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

While it’s on WordPress.org with limited functionality, the version I’m attempting to add is a “Pro” version with additional options available (which seems to be a fairly common practice, and a reasonable marketing ploy).

I appreciate your insight, though.

Thanks again :smiley: